“Rainy Evenings Best Spent Here”
Review of King's Arms Pub

King's Arms Pub
Ranked #5 of 53 Restaurants in Kentville
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Vancouver, Canada
“Rainy Evenings Best Spent Here”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

One evening last spring, it got later than expected after a day's soggy, but exhilerating outing. Not one of our group felt like cooking dinner, so we stopped at The King's Arms at the helpful suggestion of a family member. It was one place we'd yet to visit on our culinary tour of the Annapolis Valley, so we decided to check it out. Good plan, as it turns out.
As we waited for another of our group to join us, we emersed ourselves in the British-style ambience, dear to our British hearts, took a trip down memory lane, and enjoyed a glass of beer, (or cider in my case). It was good cider too.
Our waitress was friendly and kind, always a cheerful smile, nothing was too much trouble, she was like an old friend.
When our meals came, the aroma from each was wonderful, giving great expectations, which were met; all were delicious.
We can't wait to revisit and have another crack at that menu, perhaps even for brunch. No doubt about it, when in Kentville, this is a place to spend an evening or two.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Lynne F

New Minas, Canada
“Best Pub In Nova Scotia !”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We have been going to the King`s Arms Pub at leat twice a week now for the past six months, the food is terrific & service second to none. ( Most of the wait staff know us by name). We now bring friends to share the experience with us ! The Crossed Keys steaks are to die for !!!! I can`t say enough good about the place, you owe it to yourself to try it.

• Visited February 2013
Harbourville
“Best pub in the Valley!”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We rediscovered this pub last summer and have been back almost weekly ever since. The service is always great. The pub itself, with its large booths and tables for gathering with friends, little nooks and crannies for private dinners, and an unbeatable fireplace, is exactly what an English pub should be. And the food? Put simply, they have the best pub food in the Valley. The pizzas are delicious. The fish and chips are perfect. Steak, pan-fried haddock, chowder, chips and curry, ribs - all great. But the real reason we return week after week is for the wings (with hot sauce and a side of gorgonzola), and the Spicy Jack Burger; with its two juicy patties, Monterey Jack cheese, fresh jalapenos, and crispy little onions, all I can say is yes, yes, yes please! I’ve had two this week already…. The King's Arms offers the quintessential pub experience. I hope more people (re)discover it too!

• Visited March 2013
Halifax
“Great experience!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I recently ate here with friends and really enjoyed the entire experience. The Pan Fried Haddock is the best I have ever had and would highly recommend it. Other favourites of the evening were the Maple Curry Penne and Sticky Toffee Pudding. The Pub is clean, the staff are friendly and the fireplace is to die for.

• Visited February 2013
Kentville, Canada
“Awful food!”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

When the King's Arms first re-opened under new management, the food was amazing! I was very pleased to see that because the pub itself has the best, coziest atmosphere of any place around and the patio is beautiful in the summertime. However, each time I have returned since my initial visit, I have been very disappointed in the quality of the food. It is over-priced and not good at all! The last time I ate there, it was in the evening and I had the special - Kobe beef sliders with homemade fries. The sliders were about 80% bun (and I think I'm being generous) and the fries were full of grit. The feeling of chewing on sand is equivalent to (or worse than) fingernails scraping a chalkboard for me - horrible!! When we pointed out the grit problem to the staff, they apologized and said they would make sure the kitchen was aware so it wouldn't happen again. We were not offered anything else in place of our meals, nor was any money deducted from the bill. That, to me, is very poor customer service. Sadly, I will not be eating there again...

• Visited December 2012