“terrible valentines day experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Pizzazz Bistro - CLOSED

Pizzazz Bistro
Cuisines: Canadian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Waitstaff
Description: Fine dining restaurant. A mediterranean flair with a hint of Nova Scotia flavor
Nova Scotia
“terrible valentines day experience”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

My husband and I decided to go here for our Valentines Day dinner. We have had great experiences here in the past. This meal was just bad, and we later found out that the restaurant is under new management. The rolls were ice cold (as was the room itself), the mains were okay but very small portions (4 pieces of ravioli), and the dessert was a no-bake cheesecake which had no visible appeal, AND, they cut the pieces in half before serving them! We ended up going out for dessert at a cafe in Wolfville after we left!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank mistyNovaScotia

New Minas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delightful Bistro Experience!”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

This restaurant is just a wonderful little secret on Webster Court. The ambiance is refreshing, yet quaint. The setting is just perfect for a casual lunch with a friend, an intimate dinner with a friend or spouse and just a great spot for a bunch of friends to meet, eat and enjoy! I have been there frequently and, as new as it is, it feels like home! The food is all prepared right there on the spot and is made to order. Even the chowder! The chicken avocado sandwich is to die for, the risotto changes daily and is the best I have ever eaten, the soup is glorious and the salads are crunchy and very appealing. Top all that off with an amazing dessert prepared from scratch right there and you have yourself not just a meal, but an experience and an atmosphere you will want to repeat! And - it is SO affordable!! Recently under new local ownership, this is the finest diner in Kentville, no question about it!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Cynthia R
Nova Scotia
“Disappointing the second time around.”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The first time I went, I thought it was pretty good. But don't ever order the hot chocolate - all you really taste is the town water. Ditto for the homemade lemonade. The first time I had the sundried tomato and goat cheese risotto and I liked it. This time, my friend and I went for lunch and we both ordered the carrot apple soup for a side with our panini's. After about 40 minutes, the waitress came out and said the soup was all gone. At this point, we were really hungry so we just had caesar salad with our panini's. Normally it would cost another $3, but she felt bad for not realizing about the soup so she didn't charge us. It still took about another 15 minutes to get our food. My panini seemed a little burnt, but my friend really enjoyed hers. The one thing they have going for them is their desserts. Last time, my friend and I shared a peanut butter chocolate cheesecake, and this time we shared the lime coconut cheesecake. Both times, they were delicious! I will probably give them one more chance, but if I am disappointed this time, even their yummy desserts won't help them. The waitresses are friendly and they do seem to be trying their best which is why I am willing to give them another chance.

• Visited April 2012