We were 5 university friends with our spouse travelling around Nova Scotia as part of our annual reunion - we have been doing this for 48 years. My husband and I stayed in the Williams Suite but I checked out all the other rooms and they were all equally beautiful and we had dinner in their lovely intimate diningroom however there was no intimacy when the gang of hoodlums (us) showed up and the staff moved the couple dining to their private lounge. Everything was fabulous from our room, to our dinner to the staff especially the staff! What I do recommend is that you stay more than one night!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named by The Toronto Sun as "one of 9 of the most romantic hotels in Canada", DesBarres Manor Inn brings together the style of a boutique hotel with the warmth of a country inn. Built in 1837 as the residence for Supreme Court Justice W.F. DesBarres, this restored manor home features 10 luxurious guests rooms, an award-winning fireside dining room and elegant common rooms on six acres of grounds in the heart of the charming seaside village of Guysborough. Recipient of the Nova Scotia Cuisine of the Year and seven Wine Spectator Awards of Excellence, DesBarres Manor Inn offers simple, direct and honest food that captures the flavours and traditions of our Nova Scotia region. The Inn offers a range of special getaway packages including cooking classes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your DesBarres Manor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desbarres Manor Hotel Guysborough
- DesBarres Manor Inn Nova Scotia/Guysborough