SeaWind Landing Country Inn
  • Room Service
Cove Motel(Port Hastings)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsann mariecharlos covethe main housenova scotiaeastern shoresea windgreat hostsdining roomnext morningfood is excellentscallopssecond floorcape bretongreat viewday triplovely spotplaces to visit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is a beautiful inn overlooking the water in Charlos Cove. We spent three nights there, relaxing and driving around the local area. Ann Marie and Dave are terrific hosts who will help you find things that interest you. Dave is the chef and the food served is excellent and fresh, as he drives to the local docks to get the seafood you will eat that night. We stayed in the out building and our room was spacious, with a nice bathroom with jacuzzi. When I woke up in the morning I was able to see the water from both windows, it was spectacular. When we left I felt we were leaving friends that I hope we will see again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed at this B&B while touring Nova Scotia. Think this is lovely part of the province unspoilt by the tourism trappings (ye olde crafte shoppe etc) of areas like Cabot Trail. Seawind Landing is on a strip of land with beautiful views to the sea all around. Evening meal was excellent and as good as you would find in any restaurant; breakfast the next morning was equally good.

We stayed in one of the upstairs rooms in the main house with views from the window across the bay. Room was meticulously clean with a really comfortable bed. I enjoyed leaving the window open at night and listening to the waves as we went off to sleep.

The hosts were wonderful and friendly towards us and the also had a big (old) bear of a dog that was just adorable.

Would definitely recommend this as a place to stay in a lovely part of Nova Scotia.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

this is a lovely property in a remote and wonderful location.The owners are very hands on and quite delightful,as were the other staff members.

The food was excellent and original,and we had no complaints at all.Our room was not the best in the hotel,but it was our choice,as we wanted a ground floor room so that we could easily repack our bags before the next day's flight. We were given other options,as one would expect from such
professional innkeepers.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

What a fantastic discovery finding SeaWind Landing Country Inn. Wonderful room, view, evening meal and breakfast, absolutely superb. However, in addition to all that Innkeepers David and Ann Marie were the most perfect hosts too, I was welcomed like a long lost member of the family!

Although they had been full the previous night, I was the only one there this night, but they still offered a full range menu both evening and for breakfast too. They tell you about the items on the menu, when you decide they head off to make it from scratch.

That day I had travelled from Sheet Harbour to film in Glenelg, then Sherbrooke Village and Country Harbour Ferry, so it had been a long hard day. I couldn't have asked for a better stop that night nor more pleasant people to be my host.

There are few places to stop on that coast, and do book ahead for the evening meal because it's about an hours drive to dine elsewhere, but frankly you would be missing out if you did so.

It's not my norm to award 5 stars, this is a first, thank you David and Ann Marie for your hospitality, I'll be back again one day !

Room Tip: Facing the sea
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2013

There is little more to add to other reviews. Dave and Ann Marie are wonderful hosts, the setting is superb, the food is excellent, the atmosphere is welcoming. Our enjoyment was increased by the enthusiasm which Ann Marie showed for the area, its scenery and history. This made us much more aware of our surroundings and the community.
My only "but" is that if you're staying more than a day or two, the closet space is a bit limited - maybe it's bigger in the new building. Maybe we'll find out next time - we're certainly planning on a "next time".
Oh yes - if you have Dave's Blueberry Stuffed French Toast for breakfast, you don't have to bother about lunch!