“Best accomodation choice in NS”
Review of Pepperlane Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Guysborough
Pepperlane Manor
Ranked #2 of 5 Guysborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 25, 2013

My husband and I didn't plan well and ended up in Guysborough without a place to stay in May 2013. We phoned this b&b and were very pleased with the experience. I'm not a fan of b&b 's if I feel like I'm intruding into someone's home. The set up here is professional and business like. The rooms and the house are immaculate, new and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious. They've got all the right ingredients for a successful, sophisticated venture. The owners are friendly and interesting without being intrusive, I would go back any day. Thank you!

Room Tip: Rooms with ensure are the best.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank t H
PepperlaneManor, Owner at Pepperlane Manor, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review of Pepperlane Manor! We were happy to be able to give you a comfortable place for the night and are happy to know that our hard work pays off! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was recently in Guysborough for work and after a bit of research ended up choosing Pepperlane based on online reviews and a recommendation from someone who lived in town. The B&B was excellent in every respect - location (central), clean, quiet, and the breakfast was absolutely delicious. Elaine was a warm and helpful host during our one-day stay. My wife and I stayed in "Harbourview" with it's own ensuite and a window overlooking the town's harbour. We are dog lovers and absolutely loved Cali and Hobbes (the two beautiful Airedale terriers who also live here). They had WiFi as well, which really helped with work and communication (since our cell phones didn't get any reception in Guysborough!) If we went back to Guysborough we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again - thank you.

Room Tip: All rooms looked well appointed - some have their own washrooms while some are shared.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MapleLeafPassport
PepperlaneManor, Owner at Pepperlane Manor, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at Pepperlane Manor! Hobbes has been growing and changing ... he is bigger than Callie now, and loves greeting guests at the B&B. we look forward to seeing you again at Pepperlane Manor!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We unintentionally ended up in Guysborough late one afternoon and therefore had no accommodation booked or idea at all what this town had to offer. Luckily for my husband and I, the attendant where we fueled up our hire car gave us the business card for Pepperlane Manor. Our overnight stay at this beautifully renovated house is one of the highlights of our 6 week adventure to Canada and the US. Greg and Elaine were exceptionally warm and welcoming hosts and the house is just beautiful. All the rooms are extremely comfortable and tastefully decorated with the attention to every detail very obvious. We are very fortunate to have had the opportunity to stay at Pepperlane Manor, even though it was only overnight, and are extremely grateful to Greg and Elaine for the hospitality and friendship they so freely offered us.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aussie4701
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Amazing updated century home with some of the most breathtaking views in the Village.
Wonderful, helpful staff.
Immaculate, large, comfortable rooms and bathrooms.

Room Tip: I like the view of the Harbour.....
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank viper56
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Pepperlane Manor is absolutely beautiful. The rooms are modern, clean and comfortable, with plenty of space. The modern renovations do not take away from character of the older home. It's breathtaking. If you are looking for a nice get away in a quiet down, this is your spot. It's close to the local pub and restaurants, and has an amazing view.
Elaine and Greg are wonderful. You'll be treated like royalty on your stay!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
PepperlaneManor, Owner at Pepperlane Manor, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

Thanks for the wonderful review, Barb. We are so happy that you had a great stay at Pepperlane Manor! Come back again!

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Decided to go off the beaten path, and take a run to Guysborough last summer on my way to Sydney from Hali...was very pleased to find this newly renovated property with a nice selection of rooms available. The hosts were very charming and welcoming, and I definitely enjoyed every second. The view is gorgeous, it is a perfect quiet getaway and you have access to a very laid back yet historically significant area of NS...plus, a lot cheaper than the surrounding B and B's. I even had a few choices for lunch, PLUS I got to meet one of the Rankin girls as she was staying there! Will stay there again in a heartbeat if I am by Guysborough again, especially in the summer!

Room Tip: Get the suite with a view of the harbour...wonderful
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Brendan T

Brendan, you got more than you bargained for at Pepperlane Manor! So happy that you got to meet Heather Rankin, and I was very happy to arrange a photo op for you, Michelle and your beautiful baby girl,Ryan! We certainly hope to see you again at Pepperlane Manor!

Reviewed October 16, 2011

I am originally from Guysborough and planned a weekend home to visit my family with my fiancee. We live in the "big" city of Halifax and with work schedules, do not get a chance to visit very often. It was always very difficult to visit as my parents home is small so accomodations were fairly tight. This time, we planned to stay at Pepperlane Manor, which was a first for us in two ways, one was booking with Pepperlane and the second was our first time staying in a bed and breakfast and WOW, were we pleasantly surprised!

Elaine and Greg have done a wonderful job making the house very inviting and cozy. The house is historically victorian but with a twist of modern design and feel. Our room was named the "loft"; it was extremely spacious, very clean, contained its own private bathroom and table/chairs. I asked Elaine for a private tour of her B&B and she was obliging! She showed me the other guest rooms and spectacular views and i was not disappointed. I am an avid lover of historic victorian houses and every decorative detail down to the choice of bedding chosen for each room complimented the layout and feel of the house completely. Beautiful antique pieces of furniture were strategically placed throughout the house. Bravo Elaine!

The breakfast spread was amazing. Elaine and Greg were pleasant hosts who offered a variety of foods to pick from. From eggs, sausage, pancakes, fruits, juices, coffee and tea, this was not your typical continental breakfast. And from my conversations with her, she takes pride in serving a homemade assortment of dishes throughout the week! You will not be disappointed.

If you looking for a quiet, relaxing getaway from the hustle and bustle of city life, this is the place for you! Whether visiting family for a few days or just passing through, a stay at Pepperlane Manor will feel like home. This is our "Little Piece of Heaven".

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
PepperlaneManor, Owner at Pepperlane Manor, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

Gwen, your wonderful words about our home and business made our day! You and Britt were wonderful guests and we loved sharing our home with you. There is nothing like validation from guests to help us know that we made the right decisions in creating our B&B. We hope to see you again soon! Elaine and Greg @ Pepperlane Manor

Been to Pepperlane Manor? Share your experiences!