“Our favorite place in Nova Scotia”

Mountain Top Cottages & Campground
Boston, MA
“Our favorite place in Nova Scotia”
Reviewed August 7, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Mountain Top Cottages for two nights with our one year old daughter. The cottage was cute with a view of the pond. We used the pool, walked down their trails, walked over to the little gazebo, played on the playground, watched the ducks, and had a bonfire in the provided fire pit by our cottage. I think it is the prefect place for families with young children or for a family reunion. I wish we had stayed longer! I think our little girl could have been happy there for a week. It was about a 5-10 minute drive outside of town.

• Liked — The amenities.
  • Disliked — Extra charge for firewood, matches, etc.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank FeistyCat

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Dartmouth
Reviewed June 8, 2008

I have stayed at this location a total of 5 times now. And everytime I return I wonder what took me so long to return. My last visit was for 3 days in july of 2006.

The setting is wonderful for those just looking to kick back for a weekend, week or two weeks. No matter the length of your stay, you are sure to have a quiet and relaxing vacation.

The cottages come in one or two bedrooms,both with a living room/dining room/kitchen and a washroom.

All lots have a firepit & chairs as well as a deck or cement step to sit on in the evenings.

Having its own small lake is great for the wildlife. There are always ducks, birds and in the summer 2 canadian geese call this lake home.

I would definately recommend to this location to couples, families with young children and older travelers.

Would I return - of course and as fast as I can.

• Liked — the calmness
  • Disliked — No internet access
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hali2cuba2008
Calgary
Reviewed January 8, 2008

This was our second and absolute favorite stay along the Evangeline Trail during a two week road trip through Nova Scotia. My 7 year old son and I stayed 3 nights (would have stayed more but we had reservations further down the road) and couldn't have been happier with the stay.

The cabins are a nice size and nicely furnished, although not luxurious. The cabins are along a treed loop providing decent privacy between cabins and certainly from the outside world. The playground and pool were great for my son and he met lots of other kids that he played with at both.

Each cabin has a firepit so you could either have your own fire, or if you got to know your neighbours (as we did) you could share one with a nearby cabin.

These are full housekeeping units, so you are cooking and cleaning up for yourself, but if that's the type of place you are looking for, this place is fantastic!

The hiking trails around the little lake aren't challenging at all, but were perfect for a family with younger kids. The pedal boats, canoes and rowboat allowed for perfect family-level "adventure" right on the property. The lake isn't big, but its plenty for a younger family.

Our cabin was very clean and the hosts and other staff were very helpful when we had questions or concerns. Being our first mom/son trip, they put me at ease about being away from a city.

Next time we plan a trip to the east coast, we'll definately be back!

• Liked — Location and ambiance
  • Disliked — Nothing -- loved it
  • Stayed June 2005, traveled with family
#3 of 9 in Annapolis Royal
Millyard Recreation
Millyard Recreation
#1 of 1 in Bear River

Been to Mountain Top Cottages & Campground? Share your experiences!