“A touch of European”

Dining options: Reservations
Halifax, Canada
“A touch of European”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife and I tried a couple of types of Schnitzel and both were quite good. The service was friendly and the place was clean.

• Visited August 2013

Lafayette, Louisiana
“Nothing special”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

seafood was over cooked. Since the place is owned by someone from croatia, I also decided to try one of their traditional dishes. The pork was tough and not very tasty. Although the shreaded bell peppers garnishing the pork was somewhat tasty and fresh.

Visited July 2013
Annapolis Royal, Canada
“Been There Many Times- With many Friends”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I celebrate our anniversary every year with friends- or just us- at Sweet Secrets- we have NEVER- had a bad meal or experience there- we have met many wonderful people - especially the owners and their daughter. Whenever we have visitors from the States- we bring them there for a great dinner. As for it taking so long from start to finish- they are serving European style- meaning that you are not being rushed out the door- we have been places that take up to 4 hours for a dining experience to die for. Everyone these days are in such a hurry- sit back- and have a good time with friends- enjoy a wonderful meal- and relax. Yes, you are paying more than a fast food restaurant, but look at what you're getting. We have tried everything on the menu- and have not been disappointed at all. I am not a dessert person- I usually don't have room- but the peach melba is killer! That's after having an appetizer- and usually some kind of schnitzel and spatzele- or scallops- or sausages with kraut- or pasta and sauce - my favorite is the chicken cordon blue- all wonderful- for my entrée- never finish it all- saving room for desert. Doggie bags work well and reheat very well. We highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Annapolis Royal- just remember to make reservations. Enjoy!

• Visited August 2012
“Best food in Annapolis!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We ate here with our two kids and its not really geared towards family dinning. They did not have a kids menu never the less the kids shared an appetizer and a side of fries and devoured everything for the first time during our Annapolis trip! And their plates even came out with happy faces made out of tomatoes and carrots!!! My husband and I had the schnitzel and it was awesome! This was a really lovely place. I'm glad we stopped there on our last night in Annapolis.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Nursemelo
Ontario
“Great European fare”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Loved the schnitzel, Digby scallops, chicken Cordon Blue, crepes, strudel, and Black Forest cake. This is not a "fancy" dining establishment, but for those who appreciate European fare, the food is worth the stop. I was hoping to have the type of boiled potatoes usually served with schnitzel in Europe....my only suggestion.

Visited July 2013