“Handy stop near airport”

Irving Enfield Big Stop
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Enfield
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is an Irving station and the second last fill up before returning your rental to YHZ. It has great food and a good convenience store. One of the features is local home baked goods. The staff are very helpful, particularly in the restaurant. If you are heading north to Truro, you can stop and pick up your trip refreshment here...I highly recommend the date squares.

1  Thank canuck33907

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Any Irving Big Stop or Irving Restaurant is generally a very good place to eat in Atlantic Canada, New England, Quebec, and Ontario with family or friends when on vacation. You can avoid fries if you want to be healthy by choosing mashed potato, salad, or rice. Great sweets selection. Large selection of meals, good portion size, and priced right. The perfect family place to eat. Many of them are open 24 hours or are open very late at night. They also offer a great breakfast!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is a busy spot! I'm glad to hear that they are doing some renovations to make it larger.

Good homecooked style food, great friendly staff.

The only downside is that they are so busy! We try to visit during the non peak times instead of the lunch or supper hours! Otherwise there can be a bit of a wait for a table!

1  Thank TravelHelper2013
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stop here as we love the Carrot Cake:-) This is great place [ it's being rebuildt and expanded] and it;s a place whenever we are traveling to NB or CB we stop for a bite to eat. ] The staff are efficient and helpful and the food is good and always hot. Wee take our family here on the way to their homeward bound 11.45pm flight - close to the airport , it;'s a great place to catch a bite before a flight, and our Mum loves the Lemon Meringue pie - for us though it's the CARROT cake - a MUST :-)

This trip was with 15 of us off to row long boats with the tall ships in Miramichi. Unfazed by the crowd they rearranged tables and we all got our food together hot and tasty :-)

1  Thank Rita and Phil C
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I overheard a customer finding hair in their food when I first arrived and one of the customer's friends had complained that they didn't get quite exactly what they wanted. I waited a long time for the food to arrive, but it tasted great (I ordered a milkshake as a beverage, it was really thick and huge, but it was one of the best milkshakes I had ever had), but my mother found hair in her food. The staff handled it well and in general, were very nice. It was a welcoming atmosphere.
Being there only once, I may try it again, my mother said it was great when she was there before, so it may have just been a really bad day. It's in a pretty convenient place, too.