Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport
$132
Hotels.com
Esquire Motel(Bedford)
$67
All reviewshalifax airportevery half hourshuttle servicefree shuttlenova scotiathe holiday innearly flightnext morninglots of parkingfront desk staffbusiness centerrental carminute drivegreat place to staythe hotel is cleanone night stayhot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 19, 2010

This holel was located perfectly for people that are travelling by airplane. The menu was great ant the rooms modern. You can return your rental car and take a shuttle directly to the departure gate at the airport. No noise from any aircrafts overhead! Friendly staff and good prices.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2010

We actually stayed at this hotel twice during our vacation. We arrived on a late night flight and decided to stay near the airport rather than drive all the way into Halifax after a very long flight. We stayed again on the last night of our trip, as we had a very early morning flight and had to be at the airport by 5am.
I would definitely recommend the hotel for its convenience. It is only a few minutes from the airport. There is a shuttle service, which runs 24 hours.
This is not your ordinary airport hotel. The hotel is very well equipped, with large guest rooms, comfortable beds, free wi-fi (and small business center), indoor pool, fitness center, full-service restaurant and bar, etc. The service was exceptional, both at the front desk and in the restaurant. The food was excellent. The mussels were so fresh, and the homemade blackberry pie with ice cream was delicious.
Our room rate included breakfast. On our first stay we enjoyed a delicious breakfast with your choice of hot cooked-to-order item (eggs, french toast, etc), along with all the buffet items. On our second stay we had to leave to the aiport before the restaurant opened. The night before we given "to-go" breakfast boxes containing a yogurt, muffin, apple and fruit bar which we brought with us and ate at the airport before our flight. We really appreciated that -- and it saved us from having to buy breakfast at the airport.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone needing to stay close to the Halifax airport.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2010

We were pleasantly surprised with this convenient and clean spot. We expected great from the Hilton chain and we got it. Convenient to the airport for our morning flight, and the room was spacious with free wifi (a must for us).

The big surprise was the quality of the food -- not a typical airport restaurant! Between the tables around us and our table, the seafood chowder, seafood pasta, the mussels, the scallops, salads, and beers were all impressed. It was a pleasant surprise.

The only downsides:
1) the hot tub was broken during our stay, which was a negative, considering we picked the place partly because of it. We drove for 5 days around Nova Scotia and we were looking forward to the hot tub.

2) I bought the room online 2 weeks in advance, I thought I purchased a rate that included breakfast, but I wasn't sure. When I checked in, I asked to confirm. There was no idea. Later that night, since I had an early flight, I called to the Front Desk again -- they still had no idea. In fact, I asked again at 6:15 am when I was about to get on the shuttle when I was told -- "yes, breakfast was included"

I put my comments to hotel management --- losing 2 breakfasts and the hot tub was a real downer on what otherwise would have been a perfect stay. Hopefully they will respond with some kind of refund.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2010

My new wife and my self were heading out of the country for our honeymoon, we live out side the city and it is 2 hour drive to get to the airport, so we decided to stay at a hotel near the airport. My wife checked in 1st the night before the weeding, I called her to see if I should pick up something to eat, as I knew there was limited food in the area and assumed that the hotel knowing they had a restaurant would be over priced and hotel food. She said it smells so good in the lobby I want to try the restaurant, so day before the weeding what hubie to be would say no? When I checked Wow the restaurant is just off the lobby and smells as good as and restaurant I have ever walked into. So Caution if you check in and are a little hungry you will not be able to resist. I had the steak one night and the burger the next both assume, the waiter he was incredible, the place was very busy but this did not show in the food or service. The price was very reasonable, and I suspect there were people eating that were not staying there. Room very clean, people great nice business center. Also not charged for internet, parking printing. Nice to stay and not get nickel and dime. Great value and I will be eating there if I’m in the area. And a great idea not to have to rush to the airport worry about parking, just jump on the FREE hotel shuttle.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2010

We stayed at the HGI for one night before leaving for NYC early in the morning. The room was clean and decent for an airport hotel, our room was by the elevator which was a pain because we were woken up to the sounds of the 'ding' every few minutes. When we left for the airport in the morning, we were lucky to get down to the lobby early and get in line for the shuttle, they don't tell you that they shuttle only runs every half hour. So it was full on the first run and people who has flights to catch were told to wait a half hour. The airport is a maximum 5 minute drive, running every half hour was ridiculous.

We left our vehicle at the hotel while we were away, so when we got back we had to call the hotel shuttle to pick us up again. We called and he said he was 'on the way' (which being so close would should have meant 2 minutes), 20 minutes passed so we called again and he said he would 'be right there', another 10 minutes passed and he finally showed up. He was rude and unwelcoming, and I'm not too hard to please! Needless to say, if you are going to advertise a "Free Airport Shuttle" then you should provide a shuttle that will take guests to and from the airport on a more regular basis.. when they need to get there!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple