“Impressive for an airport hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Enfield
Princeton, New Jersey
“Impressive for an airport hotel”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Spotlessly clean, extremely competent and friendly staff. This hotel far exceeded our expectations. Usually, airport hotels are pretty average - just a place to stay so that you can get to your flight on time. This hotel was expertly run, from the tea and fruited water with cookies set out to greet incoming guests, to the clean and attractive restaurant (that happily accommodated changes to the menu b/c of our dietary restrictions), to the fully equipped fitness center and nice hot tub and pool. Our room was perfectly prepared and contained a fridge and microwave. It was very quiet and best of all, the 24-hour shuttle arrived exactly on time (4:30 a.m.) and got us to the airport in five minutes.

Room Tip: We chose a room away from the elevator.
1 Thank Karen K
John D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Wow!! Thank you Karen K for your 5 star review.
I will esnure that all of our team members know of your complete satisfaction
I hope you will visit us again soon
Cheers
John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Helpful staff. Clean room, small but decent fitness room. Quiet even though highway near by. Still why stay here unless waiting for plane. Unlike Sheraton, free intranet. Coffee shop, room service awful. Terrible meat on burger. Soup thin. Breakfast over priced.

1 Thank stone2
Thank you Stone2 for your candid review. I was happy to hear that you had a quiet stay.
I apologize for the disappointment you had with our burger and soup. I will address your breakfast and room service concerns internally to ensure we are constantly improving our offerings.
I hope you will visit us again soon
Lake Wales, Florida
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Check-in was terrible. Check-in clerk had a pompous and arrogant attitude. It was obvious she was only interested in the Pratt & Whitney Executives who were arriving the same time as we arrived. She sent us to a room that STILL HAD OCCUPANTS IN IT with a key that unlocked the door. I was stunned to say the least and embarrassed.

When I returned the key and told her what she had done, she sheepishly turned away from her supervisor and brusquely asked me to go to another room.. Finally, she had the presence of mind to give me a key. When I asked about the included breakfast, she told me since I had a very early flight that no breakfast would be available and no credit given.

When we asked if the credit could be applied to the dinner that night, she said "No, we can not do that." Later, I asked to see the manager and was told the manager was not there.

We have travelled for 16 years and been to 56 countries on 12 world trips and stayed at many Hiltons. This is the most unaccommodating group of employees I have ever witnessed in all of my born days.

Go to the Holiday Inn Express in Dieppe, New Brunswick, Canada. It is about 200 Kilometers away but worth the drive if it is a choice between this hotel and anything else.

Room Tip: The beds were comfy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
John D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you Buckeyesandi for your candid review.
I am happy to see that you found our beds comfortable.
I am disappointed to hear of the service you received and apologize as this is not the service that we have built our reputation on in the past. This is far below our standards and far below Hilton stsndards.
I welcome you to provide me with your stay details and your confirmtion number so I can investigate further. guestservicehgiyhz@gmail.com
I want to ensure your complete satisfaction!!
Looking forward to hearing from you
Regards
Canberra Australia
Reviewed July 15, 2014

This is the third time that my wife and I have stayed at this hotel for practical reasons while travelling around Canada. It has good rooms, reasonably priced restaurant and an excellent shuttle service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you Volkera for your kind review. We very much appreciate your loyalty to our property
and we hope you will be back to visit us again soon.
Michigan
Reviewed July 14, 2014

For an airport hotel, the Hilton Garden Inn Halifax is quite nice. It is clean and quiet. Their airport shuttle runs 24/7, and is quite prompt. The staff seemed a bit new and unsure of themselves. Also, breakfast was expensive -- you had to purchase a hot component in addition to the buffet. It would have been nice if they provided the buffet only option.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you acedaughter for your kind review. Our guests do appreciate a convenient and reliable shuttle service.
I apologize for the misunderstanding regarding our breakfast offerings.
Various hot choices are always included with the large variety of items on the brekafast buffet for one low price.
I hope you visit us again soon to expereince the morning buffet.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 11, 2014

This is a lovely property located close to the Halifax International airport. It is reasonably priced with a shuttle service to the airport 5 mins away. The personnel are very friendly and professional. The rooms are in pristine condition and the beds are extremely comfortable. I would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Wow!! Thank you Marganne60 for your 5 star review.
I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and will recommend us to other travellers.
I hope you come visit us again soon
Cheers
Independence, Missouri
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We got to Halifax late and the shuttle runs every 30 minutes day and night. Before we knew it we were in our comfortable bed sleeping. The hotel is well kept and the rates are reasonable. We also stayed on our way back home from our trip.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank DPenn_11
John D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Wow!! Thank you DPenn_11 for your 5 star review.
Great to see you are a returning customer with us.
I hope you are a Hilton Honours member to ensure you are collecting valuable points
on future Hilton stays.
John
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Inn on the Lake
#1 of 1 in Fall River
Downtown Halifax
Hampton Inn by Hilton Halifax Downtown

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport? Share your experiences!