“Disappointing”

Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Enfield
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel the night before a week long vacation departing from Halifax airport. I thought it would be a nice way to ease into a vacation instead of waking up very early, driving and parking in the airport parking lot. After reading reviews of this hotel on Tripadvisor and calling the front desk, I was expecting to receive free long-term parking for the duration of my vacation and shuttle service to and from the airport.

At check-in, I was informed that long-term parking is NOT FREE, and there is a ~$28 fee to park a vehicle for the duration of your vacation. After explaining that I had called previously to confirm that long-term parking was included in the hotel room fee, and referencing other Tripadvisor reviews, the answer was basically "that's too bad for you".

The hotel and rooms themself are nice, comfortable beds, etc. But don't stay here if you are expecting free long-term parking while you go on vacation. The Quality inn near the Halifax airport however does offer free parking for up to 2 weeks included with a one night stay on either end of your trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Shuttle Service is a little Disorganized. Long Term parking offered for free. Very Dark and Park at your own risk. During my Vacation a friends Vehicle was Stolen, and another Damaged in Parking lot. Hotel staff did not seem surprised.

Room Tip: Be very careful leaving your Automobile in the Dark un-protected Parking lot. It has only 1 row of l...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel through Tripadvisor.

Thank you for bringing to my attention what seemed like some disorganization regarding the shuttle service. I will address it with the team. Normally we have a very efficient system with the shuttle service. We move several thousand people per week. We will review our processes and look for opportunities for improvement.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Your hotel is very impressive from the entrance to the room. Friendly, clean and organized. We felt very comforable during our 2 nights and will definately remember our experience when we take our next trip. Thanks for looking after us.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you very much for the kind review.

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. Traveling is about the experience and I am pleased that you chose to include us in your travels.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stayed here one night; very good experience. Very clean; helpful staff. The restaurant food was good, though I only indulged in bar fare. The fitness center is a bit sparse, but fine for a night. Located near about 2 miles from the airport. The shuttle is very convenient.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Thank you for your submission to Tripadvisor regarding our hotel.

I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and I thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

My fault. I'm very partial to Hilton properties and didn't take the time to see just how far out of Halifax this really was. Not the fault of the property at all totally my booboo.
The hotel is very clean and the staff very accommodating and helpful. All facilities were well maintained and also very clean.
I did eat at Shala's (the hotel restaurant) and had the Mobley burger which was huge and well cooked and very juicy not dry. The fries were okay but again seemed lard fried rather than oil.
I'd stay here again if I had business out by the airport but would look closer to Halifax if my travel was for Halifax business.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank pdamac
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel through Tripadvisor.

I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay. I love the Mobley Burger.

I am also pleased to advise you that there will soon be several Hilton properties to choose from in the downtown core of Halifax. They should be open no later than mid summer.

We hope to welcome you again should you require an airport hotel. Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn and thank you for being a loyal Hilton guest.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is a great hotel to spend the night before a flight. We left our car for 2 weeks for no charge and they picked us up when we returned and dropped us at the car! Wonderful service! The food in the dining room is to die for! Comfy and clean rooms with friendly and efficient staff. My mom left a valuable ring in the room and they kept it in their safe for the duration of our trip. We will go back again and again. I tell all my friends to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thank you very much for the great review of our hotel through Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read you had a great stay and that your mom was able to retreive her ring.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

All the best

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Excellent location for overnight stay prior to departure. Free ride to and from airport and free parking for the week. Beds are super comfy. Fair Price. Restaurant and bar located in main lobby and prices are reasonablie, wings are huge. Will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for your feedback through Tripadvisor about your most recent stay with us at Hilton Garden Halifax Airport.

I am pleased to read that you like our location and that you like our beds. Afterall, a comfortable bed is one of the most important features about a hotel.

David Clark

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
ALT Hotel Halifax Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport
Quality Inn Halifax Airport
Inn on the Lake
Inn on the Lake
#1 of 1 in Fall River
Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport? Share your experiences!