“Always great!”

Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Enfield
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed here last year after arriving from the Atlanta, Ga airport. This hotel is very close to the airport. There is also a Tim Horton's close by for you coffee lovers. We had speedy check in. I used my Hilton Honors points, so the stay was free. Our room was upgraded to the jacuzzi suite. We never use the jacuzzi, but the bathroom was a good size & had a nice shower. It was the standard Hilton Garden Inn with their regular amenities. Fresh baked cookies are served in the afternoon. We stayed here one night before heading on to other parts of Nova Scotia. I was fatigued toward the end of our week, so we checked in a day early and spent two nights there before taking a flight out. We had a regular king room, but it was great, everything always super clean. The staff is very helpful, very friendly & we had a great stay. We used the business center to print our boarding passes, so that was convenient as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carollyn50
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel through Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your visit with us and I want to thank you for being a HHonors member. It is great to see you are taking advantage of your points.

I will be sure to pass along your comments to our team.

Thanks for staying with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were booked here on a Caravan tour one night, then wanted to come a day sooner. Unfortunately, our flight from LGA was delayed overnight due to weather and airport equipment problems. Although Orbitz, our booking site, charged us 100% of the room charges as cancellation penalty, this hotel reduced the cancellation fee to only $50 per room. This was very fair, and restored the mood of our trip. The clean and spacious rooms, comfortable lobby, reasonably priced bar and breakfast restaurant made our first overnight in Nova Scotia most pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

I am pleased to read that we were able to help with the cancelation fees.

We hope you enjoyed your tour of the Maritime Province with your tour group.

Thank you for your submission through Tripadvisor.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very convenience location since I work out of the airport and am normally in Halifax for only a day or two. The drive into the city is too far. The staff at the hotel are always very friendly and helpful. Feels like my home away from home.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you for the great review through Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that it feels like home away from home.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport and we look forward to welcoming you "home" again soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We were tired since we had a late evening flight from Los Angeles. We reserved this hotel and we are happy we did! The hotel restaurant was open till
11 pm so we had a late
dinner which was delicious. The waiter was so nice and friendly. We had free breakfast and it was superb - continental with a hot breakfast too! Thank you so much!

• Stayed: August 2013
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel through Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the team.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel over the Labor Day weekend. Normally when I go to Halifax I stay downtown close to casino but I booked the plan first not realizing that I could not get a hotel downtown so I wasn't left with much choice only to stay at the Hilton by the airport. The hotel was very clean and staff friendly. I found the bed to be very comfortable and had a really good sleep. If you are staying in Halifax for a stopover or you are renting a car to travel this is a great hotel as I found it cheaper than hotels in the downtown core. There is a free airport shuttle bus that goes back and forth from the hotel and airport every half hour so it was great for grabbing Tim's at the airport if you don't have a car. The hotel has a pool, hot tub, restaurant, lots of parking and the metro bus stops right outside the hotel on the main road so you can get downtown for $3.25 which is a far cry from a $60 cab ride. Overall it turned out to be a good weekend and if I had to stay close to the airport in Halifax or was renting a car I would definitely come back.

Room Tip: The rooms pretty much have the same view on either side.I like to stay in a hotel that has a balcony...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel through Tripadvisor

I am pleased to read that it was a good experience for you even though we are a distance from the downtown area. The long weekend was a busy one for the city and every hotel was booked.

i will be sure to pass along your comments to our team. The bus service has been a great addition to our area and affordable for anyone who wants to visit the city and avoid traffic.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have stayed here just for a short getaway a few times this year. The staff is very friendly & helpful, the rooms are clean and well planned, and the wifi is great. Our favourite is definitely the hot made-to-order breakfast in the morning. When booking your room, if you scroll down to their packages, you can add breakfast for only $4 total instead of the $13.95 each you pay without it.
Our only complaint is the hot tub. It is always far too hot, even for those who appreciate a HOT tub. We have mentioned in each time it's been a concern but unfortunately this problem has never been fixed. They just add cold water to it when they can instead of fixing the actual problem. If you don't care about that, you'll enjoy everything else.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

I am pleased to read that you have taken advantage of the Bed&Breakfast package. It really is a great deal for made to order all you can eat hot and cold breakfast.

The hot tub has been a challenge to us lately and we are working diligently at stabalizing the temperatures. We hope to have it sorted soon as we have found that our thermostat is not functioning properly. We hope to have it corrected soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed August 30, 2013

the hotel was clean, comfortable and the staff was welcoming. I found the bed to be quite hard tho~ ouch! Since I was working at the airport, the location was fantastic. I will likely stay here again for this reason. Maybe there was a pea between those mattresses....oh and by the way, there was NO noise, despite being in a room facing traffic and so close to the airport! Very impressed with that.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

I am pleased that you find our hotel a good location in terms of the airport.

I hope there wasn't a pea in your bed, however, I am pleased to let you know that we are in the midst of changing all of the beds to a Serta Pillow Top bed for superior comfort and will be phasing out the Garden Sleep System.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you again.

Kind Regards

David Clark

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport
Inn on the Lake
Inn on the Lake
#1 of 1 in Fall River
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport? Share your experiences!