“A typical Hilton Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Enfield
Reviewed April 26, 2013

For those used to the Hilton Garden Inn standard, you will be relatively pleased with this offering nearby the Halifax Airport

What I liked: Complimentary shuttle showed up quickly after contacting the hotel (you need to call in) and short drive to the hotel. Check-in staff was friendly and efficient, reviewing the amenities and arranging transportation to the city for the next day. The room itself was a very standard Hilton Garden Inn room - adequate size, ok bed, good size bathroom, good layout, acceptable complimentary internet. As a Diamond member, complimentary breakfast was included. Selection was good.

What can be improved: Nothing wrong with this hotel, other than it is just "average" and looks like every other HGI in the world!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you very much for submitting a review about our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that our services and amenities met your needs. The shuttle stops at the airport automatically twice an hour, 24 hours per day, however, calling the hotel is generally a good idea to ensure the driver doesn't leave anyone curbside. With 4 hotels picking up in the same area we don't want to miss anyone who may be waiting for us.

I am happy to advise that Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport will be renovating the lobby in the coming months with new furniture, amenites and updated colors, artwork and lighting. That said, most Hilton Garden Inns will be moving to the same lobby configuration.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport

Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is an awesome hotel. Able to keep your car safely here if going away for a week . Excellent shuttle service to and from the airport. Room clean and comfortable. Staff knowledgeable at the front desk. Wish we had eaten here instead of travelling into Darmouth for supper. Will plan to do that next time.

Room Tip: Clean and very comfortable beds. Great night sleep before an early flight out.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

We hope you had a great trip to Jamaica.

Thanks very much for submitting a review about our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you were pleased with our Park and Jet package.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We visited this hotel on april 12 2013. We were leaving for Mexico the next morning. The rooms are very nice and clean. Staff pleasent. Hotel is 4 minutes from the airport. You may leave your car parked there for a week. A shuttle bus drives you to and from the airport. We also returned and stayed one night on april 20 th as our flight was arriving late. Overall, i would return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joanne078
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you very much for submitting a review of our hotel to Tripadvisor.

We hope you had a great vacation in Mexico and we thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

We hope to welcome you again.

Kind regards

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Hotel was great, shuttle to and from airport was fast and professional, secured parking was much appreciated. Shuttle drivers are very friendly and look after all your luggage. Front desk staff are attentive to your needs and make sure everything is right. Hotel room was very clean and quiet we arrived from our holiday early Sunday morning and our stay was only a few hours. Overall we will use this hotel again for our next vacation down south.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jean-Claude P
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of or hotel through Tripadvisor.

I am pleases to read that you had a good stay and that you will likely return.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Nicely maintained property with comfy beds, free wifi and perfect for those early morning flights with good shuttle service. My only negative comment would be in regards to the food...in retrospect, I would have done just as well to use the microwave thoughtfully provided in the room.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank anniekmcc
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our beds, amenities and convenience.

I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your meal in the restaurant. i have addressed this with the Chef and I believe (if this is the same guest) that he made contact with you directly to get more detail about the food that evening. He indicated that you appreciated his response.

I can assure you that this isn't the norm for the hotel. We have a great Chef who has been here for about a year and a new Sous Chef who came from some of the most popular restaurants in the city. They are both very proud of their product so I am certain this was a one off issue. That said, we will use your feedback as a training opportunity to continue to improve our food and beverage operations.

Thank you for submitting a review of our hotel with Tripadvisor and for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Kind regards

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stay at the Hilton Garden Inn at least once a month as a result of my husband's away employment. We enjoy this hotel very much. It is clean, has a pool and hottub (however lately the pool has been cold and the hot tub too hot - obviously they are having regulating issues but I'm confident they will get it corrected. The on-site restaurant is basic but quite nice and we regularly have an evening meal there and I return for breakfast. The room includes a microwave and refridgerator which I find quite convenient as sometimes for variety we pick up take out and can reheat it in the room. The hotel is super clean and very modern. Its a bit pricey and I find it annoying that they charge $20 to $30 a week to park a car there if you need to stay long term. In comparison the holiday inn express which is next door is a bit cheaper and just as nice albiet rooms don't have microwaves or fridges and while there is a pool there is no hot tub. you can easily walk over to the hilton for the restaurant if needed. - but that's a pain in the winter time. BTW the holiday inn also has a complimentary breakfast that's included in your stay. Bottom line as a regular guest we get HHonors points and the little extras make it worth it to us to stay at the Hilton but if those extras aren't important to you - you'll save a bit at the holiday inn. btw the holiday inn also charges for long term parking.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel with Tripadvisor.

i am very pleased to read that you are a regular guest with us and happy to read you are taking advantage of being a Hilton Honors Member. The points add up quickly.

You are correct, we had been having fits with our hot tub and pool. Several factors have caused temps to be out of sync. All within a week we lost two pool pumps which caused lots of havoc as you can imagine. We are still waiting for one pump to be shipped from manufacturer and expect it here this week.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Overall, I enjoy staying at this location during quick stops at Halifax Airport.
The staff is courteous, the rooms are clean and smell decent too.

My only concern is a big one - about the beds. Every time I've stayed here the mattresses seem to have caved-in around mid-way from head to foot. This means my feet sit higher than my mid-section, which is lower than my head. In addition, one person cannot sleep in the middle of a king-size bed, as the left and right sides differ for whatever reason. The last time I attempted to sleep in the middle I had major back pains the day after, which took 2 weeks to get better.

This is a nice hotel, but I can only give in 3* instead of 5* because of the poor bed quality. Far and away from what I've come to expect from the Hilton brand.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to submitt a review of our hotel with Tripadvisor.

I am sorry to read that you had an uncomfortable sleep. Sometimes the settings on the GSS bed are not set identical which can cause one side to be softer than the other. This is not the norm and I can assure you that I will discuss with the housekeeping department and remind them to check the settings everyday. I appreciate the feedback. We will use this as a training opportunity.
That said, we are beginning a new bed program that started a few months ago. The first shipment is here and the second is due next week. The new bed will be a Serta Pillow top bed which has been approved by Hilton as a replacment to the GSS bed.

I hope to have an opportunity to welcome you again and that you have a comfortable sleep.

If you would like to discuss further I would be happy to speak to you over the phone.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
ALT Hotel Halifax Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport
Quality Inn Halifax Airport
Inn on the Lake
Inn on the Lake
#1 of 1 in Fall River
Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport? Share your experiences!