“all around nice place”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Enfield
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
“all around nice place”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This hotel was very clean and had very comfortable beds. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It has a shuttle to airport that is a great service. I like the fact that there is a pool, whirlpool and exercise room that is open until 11pm. I would recommend to any traveler.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Shari C
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport and for subitting a review of our hotel with Tripadvisor.

We hope so welcome you again.

David Clark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Kuujjuaq, Canada
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn located near the Halifax airport. This was our second visit to this hotel and I was a little disappointed. I didn't find the service nearly as good or the staff as friendly compared to last year. The room was just decent but I had a terrible time sleeping. The mini fridge was loud and the air seemed to be dry and dusty. The climate control panel was not attached to the wall and would randomly shoot out cold or hot air. Needless to say, we got very little sleep, which defeated our reason for staying here which was to get some rest before an early flight. I also found the shuttle drivers were not nearly as friendly or helpful as last year. Additionally, there needs to be more shuttles, especially when arriving back in Halifax. Like last year there was almost an hour wait time due to long lines people for the shuttle. We ended up paying for a taxi rather than standing outside in the cold for an hour. Getting to the airport is no problem, but the return is a nightmare. Maybe management should look into having a waiting area inside the terminal which might be a bit more comfortable.

I don't think I would probably return to this hotel and have canceled a future booking due to my experience. It has potential but service has slipped and the rooms need to be addressed as well as more shuttles added to make this hotel a good value.

Room Tip: Top floor would be ideal
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank IslanderOnTheGo
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about our hotel with Tripadvisor.

I am sorry to read that your experience wasn't as you expected.

We are working diligently with our several new staff members to get them up to the skill level we require to provide the best service possible. I hope that the lack of friendlyness was more a case of nervousness with the new team members. I know that this can be the perception in the beginning with new employees as they develop more confidence.

I apoplogize for the delay with the shuttle service. I can assure you that we monitor the arrivals schedule and ask our guests when they plan to return so that we can do our best to provide acceptable capacity. There are times when poor weather causes changes to the arrival times and can create some delays all around. We regularly have 4 shuttles in service at this time of year. We have approached the Airport Authority about allowing us to pick up in a different area where there could be a waiting area for both of our guests. It would certainly be helpful with our cause if you could also send the Halifax International Airport Authority a message indicating your concern. Contact information can be found at www.hiaa.ca

I am sorry to read that you have canceled future reservations and I am sorry to read that this is the first I have heard of this concern. I wish we had an opportunity to address this while you were here.

I can assure you that this is not the normal level of service with our hotel.

We wish you all the best.

New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night on our way to our vacation South. We took advantage of the long term parking rate and we always appreciate this option. We do this every year. Check in was fast and easy. An attendant followed my husband to the long term parking lot and brought him back to the hotel. Although the hotel was busy, our room was quiet. All was good except the bed! Both my husband and I hardly slept as we were sunked into the mattress, so bad that I had a difficult time getting out of bed. This is the first time that this has happened at this hotel. Don't know if it's time to get new mattresses but it was very uncomfortable. Our second complaint was breakfast. We got to the lobby area and waited for the shuttle to the airport. We both wanted to get a fruit and muffin to go from the breakfast buffet and although the attendant was there and bringing food out, he refused that we get something because they would only be open in 5 minutes. We wern't the only ones asking for fruit, but no way! This was somewhat frustrating. We do understand that breakfast was not officially open but grabbing a fruit and muffin to go when it is available? The rest of our short stay was good...but something has to be done about the mattress condition.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your input on our service and amenities and we apologize you were uncomfortable in our bedding. We are in the process of replacing King Sized beds over the next few months. I know how important a good night sleep is and the bed must always be in perfect condition.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed here on our way to Hawaii. It has convenient proximity to airport. We were particularly interested in the long term parking which was available for a fee. The room was clean and comfortable and it was great to have the free shuttle to the airport. We didn't have time to try the free breakfast unfortunately.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel through Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you find our location convenient when preparing to travel.

I hope you enjoyed your trip to a tropical destination.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

New Brunswick Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I stay at this hotel when we fly out of the airport to a tropical resort. It is close to the airport, free shuttle service, and you can leave your vehicle there. And to be honest, I found it cheaper than the other surrounding airports that are a lower star classification. Definitely and always will be our first choice of hotel when staying in this area and flying out of Halifax Airport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

I am pleased to read we are your hotel of choice when you stay out this way.

I hope you enjoyed your vacation this year.

Thanks for submitting a review of our hotel with Tripadvisor.

Yarmouth, Canada
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed overnight for an early morning flight. Check in was good, though the gal was fairly snarky -- I was standing there with my credit card, while my husband was emptying the vehicle. The Priority Club name on the room was my husband and she asked if he was coming too; I said he was and she promptly told me that I couldn't check in until he was there. REALLY?? Very insulting - treated me like a second class citizen, had to wait for my 'man' before I had permission to check in. And she was rude about it too...

The room was clean and spacious, with a comfy bed and pillows. The flat screen tv was good and there was a bar fridge in the room. The pool was clean, as was the work out room. The free welcoming cookies at the front desk were delicious! When I went to check out, I confirmed that our vehicle was able to remain while we were gone and was told that it needed to move and have a card in the window --- facts the snarky check in girl neglected to mention to me - shocking! The shuttle was on time in the morning, which helped start a great vacation.

Front desk check in - lacking; overall other experience - very good. But be sure to check with the other 2 airport hotels for price --- they tend to vary about $30 a night at different times.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about our hotel through Tripadvisor.

I will be addressing this with the individual who you checked in with when I figure out who it was.

It could have been that when the person checking in was not listed on the reservation, the agent couldn't process checking in due to security reasons. That said, the way it was handled certainly could have been much better. I can assure you that I will be addressing this with the individual. This appears to be a training opportunity because this is certainly not the norm for the agents at our hotel.

When I get more detail from the individual, someone from the hotel will follow up with you.

Thanks again for your feedback and thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

Kind regards

Sydney, Canada
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed here as part of our trip to cuba on January 30,2013. The hotel was great a very nice room large with a very comfy bed we also had supper there and was very nice great food and clod beer. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We did not use the park and fly but we did use the shuttle and it was on time at 02:30am and the driver was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank capersinthesum
Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel with Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that our hotel and services met all of your needs.

I hope you had a great time in Cuba.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

David Clark
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Inn on the Lake
#1 of 1 in Fall River
Downtown Halifax
Hampton Inn by Hilton Halifax Downtown

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport? Share your experiences!