“Good but need new mattresses”

Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Enfield
New Brunswick, Canada
“Good but need new mattresses”
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night on our way to our vacation South. We took advantage of the long term parking rate and we always appreciate this option. We do this every year. Check in was fast and easy. An attendant followed my husband to the long term parking lot and brought him back to the hotel. Although the hotel was busy, our room was quiet. All was good except the bed! Both my husband and I hardly slept as we were sunked into the mattress, so bad that I had a difficult time getting out of bed. This is the first time that this has happened at this hotel. Don't know if it's time to get new mattresses but it was very uncomfortable. Our second complaint was breakfast. We got to the lobby area and waited for the shuttle to the airport. We both wanted to get a fruit and muffin to go from the breakfast buffet and although the attendant was there and bringing food out, he refused that we get something because they would only be open in 5 minutes. We wern't the only ones asking for fruit, but no way! This was somewhat frustrating. We do understand that breakfast was not officially open but grabbing a fruit and muffin to go when it is available? The rest of our short stay was good...but something has to be done about the mattress condition.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your input on our service and amenities and we apologize you were uncomfortable in our bedding. We are in the process of replacing King Sized beds over the next few months. I know how important a good night sleep is and the bed must always be in perfect condition.

David Clark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed here on our way to Hawaii. It has convenient proximity to airport. We were particularly interested in the long term parking which was available for a fee. The room was clean and comfortable and it was great to have the free shuttle to the airport. We didn't have time to try the free breakfast unfortunately.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel through Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you find our location convenient when preparing to travel.

I hope you enjoyed your trip to a tropical destination.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

New Brunswick Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I stay at this hotel when we fly out of the airport to a tropical resort. It is close to the airport, free shuttle service, and you can leave your vehicle there. And to be honest, I found it cheaper than the other surrounding airports that are a lower star classification. Definitely and always will be our first choice of hotel when staying in this area and flying out of Halifax Airport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

I am pleased to read we are your hotel of choice when you stay out this way.

I hope you enjoyed your vacation this year.

Thanks for submitting a review of our hotel with Tripadvisor.

Yarmouth, Canada
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed overnight for an early morning flight. Check in was good, though the gal was fairly snarky -- I was standing there with my credit card, while my husband was emptying the vehicle. The Priority Club name on the room was my husband and she asked if he was coming too; I said he was and she promptly told me that I couldn't check in until he was there. REALLY?? Very insulting - treated me like a second class citizen, had to wait for my 'man' before I had permission to check in. And she was rude about it too...

The room was clean and spacious, with a comfy bed and pillows. The flat screen tv was good and there was a bar fridge in the room. The pool was clean, as was the work out room. The free welcoming cookies at the front desk were delicious! When I went to check out, I confirmed that our vehicle was able to remain while we were gone and was told that it needed to move and have a card in the window --- facts the snarky check in girl neglected to mention to me - shocking! The shuttle was on time in the morning, which helped start a great vacation.

Front desk check in - lacking; overall other experience - very good. But be sure to check with the other 2 airport hotels for price --- they tend to vary about $30 a night at different times.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about our hotel through Tripadvisor.

I will be addressing this with the individual who you checked in with when I figure out who it was.

It could have been that when the person checking in was not listed on the reservation, the agent couldn't process checking in due to security reasons. That said, the way it was handled certainly could have been much better. I can assure you that I will be addressing this with the individual. This appears to be a training opportunity because this is certainly not the norm for the agents at our hotel.

When I get more detail from the individual, someone from the hotel will follow up with you.

Thanks again for your feedback and thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

Sydney, Canada
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed here as part of our trip to cuba on January 30,2013. The hotel was great a very nice room large with a very comfy bed we also had supper there and was very nice great food and clod beer. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We did not use the park and fly but we did use the shuttle and it was on time at 02:30am and the driver was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank capersinthesum
Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel with Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that our hotel and services met all of your needs.

I hope you had a great time in Cuba.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

Bay Fortune, Canada
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Find this location great re food ,comfort,overall service and especially the shuttle drivers with their attitude even in crappy weather.Front desk staff seem to be always UTD re flight info even though the info screen is there.Have been a guest here in the past and will be in the future.Price is certainly flexible but always competitive with others in the area.

Room Tip: Try for the jacuzzi room as it's worth the extra expense should you have the time to enjoy it. I...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel with Tripadvisor.

I have to agree with you regarding the shuttle drivers. They have to work in the bad weather and seem to be able to do it with a great attitude and the desk staff are excellent with the flight information. In many cases they need to be up to date because it affects when they are going to be busy or not.

I am pleased to read that you will be back.

Kingston, NS
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed here going out and coming in from Vegas. They were very friendly staff and helpful as well. Rooms were very clean. They treated the ladies well. Gave us cookies for an evening snack, Accommodated us with an adjoining room so we could get together and plan our trip out. They had a shuttle which took us to the Airport and picked us back up on our return. Our vehicle was able to be parked there while we were away.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

I am pleased to read that you had a positive experience with us prior to and after your trip to Vegas.

Thank you for submitting a review of our hotel with Tripadvisor. We hope to see you again.

David Clark
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Inn on the Lake
#1 of 1 in Fall River
Downtown Halifax
Hampton Inn by Hilton Halifax Downtown

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport? Share your experiences!