“Great facilities/location!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Enfield
Yarmouth, Canada
“Great facilities/location!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed overnight for an early morning flight. Check in was good, though the gal was fairly snarky -- I was standing there with my credit card, while my husband was emptying the vehicle. The Priority Club name on the room was my husband and she asked if he was coming too; I said he was and she promptly told me that I couldn't check in until he was there. REALLY?? Very insulting - treated me like a second class citizen, had to wait for my 'man' before I had permission to check in. And she was rude about it too...

The room was clean and spacious, with a comfy bed and pillows. The flat screen tv was good and there was a bar fridge in the room. The pool was clean, as was the work out room. The free welcoming cookies at the front desk were delicious! When I went to check out, I confirmed that our vehicle was able to remain while we were gone and was told that it needed to move and have a card in the window --- facts the snarky check in girl neglected to mention to me - shocking! The shuttle was on time in the morning, which helped start a great vacation.

Front desk check in - lacking; overall other experience - very good. But be sure to check with the other 2 airport hotels for price --- they tend to vary about $30 a night at different times.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about our hotel through Tripadvisor.

I will be addressing this with the individual who you checked in with when I figure out who it was.

It could have been that when the person checking in was not listed on the reservation, the agent couldn't process checking in due to security reasons. That said, the way it was handled certainly could have been much better. I can assure you that I will be addressing this with the individual. This appears to be a training opportunity because this is certainly not the norm for the agents at our hotel.

When I get more detail from the individual, someone from the hotel will follow up with you.

Thanks again for your feedback and thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

David Clark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Sydney, Canada
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed here as part of our trip to cuba on January 30,2013. The hotel was great a very nice room large with a very comfy bed we also had supper there and was very nice great food and clod beer. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We did not use the park and fly but we did use the shuttle and it was on time at 02:30am and the driver was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank capersinthesum
Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel with Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that our hotel and services met all of your needs.

I hope you had a great time in Cuba.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

Bay Fortune, Canada
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Find this location great re food ,comfort,overall service and especially the shuttle drivers with their attitude even in crappy weather.Front desk staff seem to be always UTD re flight info even though the info screen is there.Have been a guest here in the past and will be in the future.Price is certainly flexible but always competitive with others in the area.

Room Tip: Try for the jacuzzi room as it's worth the extra expense should you have the time to enjoy it. I...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel with Tripadvisor.

I have to agree with you regarding the shuttle drivers. They have to work in the bad weather and seem to be able to do it with a great attitude and the desk staff are excellent with the flight information. In many cases they need to be up to date because it affects when they are going to be busy or not.

I am pleased to read that you will be back.

Kingston, NS
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed here going out and coming in from Vegas. They were very friendly staff and helpful as well. Rooms were very clean. They treated the ladies well. Gave us cookies for an evening snack, Accommodated us with an adjoining room so we could get together and plan our trip out. They had a shuttle which took us to the Airport and picked us back up on our return. Our vehicle was able to be parked there while we were away.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

I am pleased to read that you had a positive experience with us prior to and after your trip to Vegas.

Thank you for submitting a review of our hotel with Tripadvisor. We hope to see you again.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I booked a room here the night before a flight. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room but initially planned on swimming and chilling out at the hotel before we changed our plans. I was glad that I didn't bank on swimming though because the pool was nasty! It definitely didn't look like it had been cleaned in a while! I'm not sure about the 'spa' but judging by the pool, which I'm assuming is related to the spa, I have to give this a very poor rating! Other than this, the breakfast included in our room rate was fantastic and the room itself was of 'Hilton standard'. I find hotels in North America to be ridiculously expensive anyways, but the one major plus this place has is the closeness to the airport and the shuttle service it runs. Maybe one day it'd even provide a shuttle into the city - that would be a big bonus as it's still a 20 minute drive into Dartmouth/Halifax.

Room Tip: All the rooms here are pretty quiet because of the location!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review through Tripadvisor about our hotel.

In regard to the pool, I can assure you that the water is tested everyday and recorded in the log book onsite. We also regularly take samples of the water to our local pool supply company who will provide us with advise should the color of the water go off. That particular week the pool was heavily used and the chemical balance was thrown off causing the water color to change. When we test the water we add chemicals to bring the color and balance of the pool back to normal. Unfortunately it is a slow process as we add chemicals at a slow pace to prevent overshocking of the pool. It took about 5 days for the clearity and color to return to normal, however, the water was safe as per the readings.

i am pleased to read that you enjoyed the made to order breakfast.

At this time we do not offer a shuttle service to the city, however, there is a city shuttle that picks up in front of the hotel at minimum every hour from 6am until midnight for a minimal charge. Less than $4.00.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Staff were efficient and accommodating. We are stopping here on the way home. WE found rates a little high, but you pay for convenience. We got a park and pay room. Parking should be included, but is not. Beds were good, not great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

I am happy to read that you took advantage of the park fly and jet package we have available.

We have begun our bed replacement program. I hope that the next time you stay, the beds will be great.

We hope to see you again.

Wolfville, Canada
Reviewed January 17, 2013

After a long flight back from Europe we did not have to wait long for the free hotel shuttle to pick us up and take us back to the hotel. Once in the hotel It did not take long to receive our keys from the friendly front desk staff. Extremely tired we could relax in the tasteful furnished room and the comfortable king size bed. Mattress, duvet, pillows and linens were very good quality. Everything was very clean. I recommended the hotel already to friends who will stay there in a few weeks.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Heide S
Thanks for submitting a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that the shuttle schedule met your needs.

We hope to see you again one day.

David Clark
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Inn on the Lake
#1 of 1 in Fall River
Downtown Halifax
Hampton Inn by Hilton Halifax Downtown

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport? Share your experiences!