“Convenient but expensive!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Enfield
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Convenient but expensive!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

I booked a room here the night before a flight. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room but initially planned on swimming and chilling out at the hotel before we changed our plans. I was glad that I didn't bank on swimming though because the pool was nasty! It definitely didn't look like it had been cleaned in a while! I'm not sure about the 'spa' but judging by the pool, which I'm assuming is related to the spa, I have to give this a very poor rating! Other than this, the breakfast included in our room rate was fantastic and the room itself was of 'Hilton standard'. I find hotels in North America to be ridiculously expensive anyways, but the one major plus this place has is the closeness to the airport and the shuttle service it runs. Maybe one day it'd even provide a shuttle into the city - that would be a big bonus as it's still a 20 minute drive into Dartmouth/Halifax.

Room Tip: All the rooms here are pretty quiet because of the location!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review through Tripadvisor about our hotel.

In regard to the pool, I can assure you that the water is tested everyday and recorded in the log book onsite. We also regularly take samples of the water to our local pool supply company who will provide us with advise should the color of the water go off. That particular week the pool was heavily used and the chemical balance was thrown off causing the water color to change. When we test the water we add chemicals to bring the color and balance of the pool back to normal. Unfortunately it is a slow process as we add chemicals at a slow pace to prevent overshocking of the pool. It took about 5 days for the clearity and color to return to normal, however, the water was safe as per the readings.

i am pleased to read that you enjoyed the made to order breakfast.

At this time we do not offer a shuttle service to the city, however, there is a city shuttle that picks up in front of the hotel at minimum every hour from 6am until midnight for a minimal charge. Less than $4.00.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

Kind regards

David Clark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Staff were efficient and accommodating. We are stopping here on the way home. WE found rates a little high, but you pay for convenience. We got a park and pay room. Parking should be included, but is not. Beds were good, not great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

I am happy to read that you took advantage of the park fly and jet package we have available.

We have begun our bed replacement program. I hope that the next time you stay, the beds will be great.

We hope to see you again.

Wolfville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

After a long flight back from Europe we did not have to wait long for the free hotel shuttle to pick us up and take us back to the hotel. Once in the hotel It did not take long to receive our keys from the friendly front desk staff. Extremely tired we could relax in the tasteful furnished room and the comfortable king size bed. Mattress, duvet, pillows and linens were very good quality. Everything was very clean. I recommended the hotel already to friends who will stay there in a few weeks.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Heide S
Thanks for submitting a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that the shuttle schedule met your needs.

We hope to see you again one day.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

New Brunswick
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Don't look any further if you have to stay over at Halifax airport. This hotel has a free and prompt van shuttle service between the airport and the hotel. Front desk staff here are really good and super helpful and go out of their way big time to help travellers out. Lobby is very homey and makes people feel quite comfortable. Restaurant is good but a little pricey. Fitness facilities are very good and their pool is excellent. Rooms are very large, comfortable and functional. Smoking is a no-no of course but just stepping outside either the front door or side door will provide an area for this.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Cubatan
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel with Tripadvisor. I appreciate the feedback we recieve.

I am happy to read that the shuttle service worked will for you and that our staff were very helpful.

I hope you have a chance to come visit again one day.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

Berwick, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

On October 31st (Hallowe'en night) my husband and I stayed at "The Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport" We were having torrential downpour outside. The end of Hurricane Sandy. We were leaving the next day for Shreveport, Louisiana. This hotel has the friendliest people at the front desk! AND awesome cookies! I loved the room. The bed was so comfortable and I loved the bedding. I wish I could have been able to buy it. The whole place just made us feel so comfortable and just relieved our stress of travel jitters! We were told on the phone that the cost of leaving our car there would be $29.95 a week plus tax which would have amounted to $120.00 plus tax but when we went to pay for that, they said, "NO CHARGE"!!!! That was our 'NICE SURPRISE'. Since we saved so much money, we decided that we would stay again on our way back from Louisiana! When we called from Toronto Airport to make reservations, my cell phone was dying and the girl said, "That's OK, we will just take your name and we will see you tonight." That was so nice of her. I didn't have to go through the rigamarole of digging out my credit card and giving her my address etc.

Of course, we told all our friends about this and whenever they have an occasion to stay near the airport, you can be sure it will be The "Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport" and yes, the shuttle service is great too and very quick and efficient. Thank You Hilton Garden Inn!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for submitting a review about our hotel with Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that our team took care of all of your needs. I am fortunate to have the team that we have to ensure our guests have great experiences.

We hope to see you again one day.

All the best

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

Our flight had a stopover in Halifax and ended up being cancelled. We received comp tickets for three hotel rooms for two nights. The free hotel shuttle picked a number of us up and when we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted by a very friendly front desk staff. The restaurant recognized that there were a number of us at a late arrival and stayed open long enough for us all to get something to eat and the food was great.
The next morning I was able to wash my laundry. The dryer was out of service, when returning to get the clothes out of the washer, there was a laundry basket and a note from one of the employees asking to bring my clothes to the hotel laundry and she would dry them and bring them to my room. I didn't have to do that as she appeared to ask if it was ok for her to take the basket and dry our clothes.
There is a small pool, whirlpool and gym on site.
The first thing we all noticed was how clean the hotel looked and smelled and it was evident that it was well maintained.
We had vouchers for our meals and we paid the difference to order whatever we wanted. All our meals were perfect and there was a decent selection of food.
What I really noticed is how friendly and accommodating every single member of the staff was - there wasn't enough they could do and they were always engaging and friendly. As the owner of a small business, I would love to know where do they find all the great employees!
I requested a 7pm checkout for my Dad as he had a 10:30pm flight and it was no problem!
We had just stayed at a high end hotel in Toronto that could take a look at how this hotel was run and make some changes!
We were very appreciative that this is where the airline gave us comp accommodations and we would highly advise anyone to stay here while in Halifax.
Clean, reasonable, friendly staff - perfect! Thank you to all who made our unexpected stopover a pleasant experience!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review about our hotel with Tripadvisor.

I am very pleased to read, yet not surprised, that our team was here to help with any of your needs. i certainly understand that when travel plans are interrupted a stay can begin on a challenging note. We constantly talk about how challenging traveling can be these days. By the time our guests reach our hotel, it needs to be right.

I am also pleased to read that we were able to accommodate the late check out for your dad.

I hope the remainder of your travels were uneventful.

I will be sure to pass along your comments to our team.

Thank you for staying with us.

Georgetown, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

the hotel and room is very clean and quiet.
the wireless internet connection in my room (4th floor) kept dropping so I switched to the cabled connection in the room with no problem.

Unfortunately my biggest complaint is still how expensive the meals are.
Last night I had dinner and an appetizer and it almost came to $50 and breakfast was about $20.

I was thinking that it might be cheaper to rent a car next time and eat out.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about our hotel through Tripadvisor.

Thank you for mentioning the internet connection. As it turns out, we were experiencing some technical issues through our provider and the connection dropping has been resolved with the wireless access. I am also pleased to advise that we are in the process of upgrading our incoming data lines to ensure speeds of 10 mg uploads and downloads.

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

David Clark
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Inn on the Lake
#1 of 1 in Fall River
Downtown Halifax
Homewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown, Nova Scotia, Canada

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport? Share your experiences!