“Convenient, practical and comfortable”

Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Enfield
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My wife and I spent 2 separate nights here at the beginning and end of our Nova Scotia driving tour. The hotel does its job of providing accommodation for air travellers very well. It has a free efficient shuttle service, friendly staff, nice comfortable lobby and sitting areas for waiting around, a basic but adequate restaurant and above all a comfortable room with a good bed and bathroom and fast, free wifi service. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Volkera
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review with Tripadvisor.
We are happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay.
I hope your visit to Canada was a great one. Thank you for visiting all the way from Australia.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed here the night before our flight out of Halifax. The room was nice and very comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. I found the breakfast to be on the pricey side for what was being offered. Unfortunately the hot tub was out of order during our stay and that was something we were really looking forward to after a long trip. Otherwise we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tim R
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel. I appreciate your feedback and will address the comments regarding breakfast and hot tub.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Nice hotel in a great location for travelers leaving Halifax. Check-in was a breeze and wonderful front desk staff (Sam) welcomed me with a smile. Problems arose as we settled into the room. Being so far from town the wife and I decided we would watch a movie from the on demand system. The remote provided didn't allow us to access those options. Sam, from the front desk came up with several remotes but couldn't get it to work. After a brief wait for maintenance, I learned there was no maintenance on duty. We got moved to a new room with a working remote.... But this new room had an issue with the shower. Moved to a third room everything was sorted. The staff was exceptionally patient and presented us with a gift coupon for room service and a movie from the on demand plus an assortment of snacks from the lobby store. The evolution sleep system seems to be mostly for show as my wife and I couldn't notice a difference between the firmest setting and the softest setting. Otherwise the room was very nice, comfortable and as advertised. I will stay again when passing through the Halifax region, due in large part to the professionalism and patience of Sam. A credit to the hotel, she deserves a raise without question. Ideally situated for departing travelers, I would recommend the hotel to others leaving the area.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mleducho
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My stay at this hotel started badly with a front-desk staffer who actually rolled her eyes when I pointed out my name on the printed voucher I handed her. I was given cursory directions to the elevator but there was no smile or welcome; I was left with the feeling that my check-in had been an inconvenience for her. Despite the room being prepaid, the hotel insisted on a $200 credit card hold for incidentals, an amount that seems a bit excessive for a single night's stay. The room was standard as were the amenities, but the bed was extremely uncomfortable and the bath towels thin and small. The printed information in my room described a full buffet breakfast, but on going to the dining room the next morning I was told that only a cold buffet was available, and that hot dishes could be ordered from the menu. Since this was to be a leisurely Sunday breakfast, that definitely wasn't what I'd counted on. Since I'd have to order from a menu anyway, I opted for going to a popular local restaurant and ordering a large breakfast for a fraction of Hilton's price. Ironically, the same owner operates a Holiday Inn Express next door that provides excellent value and considerably friendlier service.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank NLfoodie
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback with Tripadvisor.

I am very disappointed about the experience you encountered with the staff member at the front desk. I can assure you that this isn't the norm for the hotel and I will be investigating to determine who the individual was that you checked in with.

I am sorry that you felt the breakfast wasn't a value as part of your stay. The breakfast is a "cold buffet" with Made To Order hot items. Our guests may order several hot items should they choose as part of the breakfast price. Made to order ensures that all hot items remain hot and are of the best quality.

If you would like to discuss further I would be happy to address your concerns and do what I can to make it right.

Kind regards

Reviewed May 15, 2012

I was booked into the hotel by a recruiter, they denied the credit card of the recruiter and I had to secure the room with my personal credit card...later for room service they insisted on another credit card as the meal could not be charged to the room despite a $250 credit card charge that I used to secure the room...poor service, boring room, boring hotel. Try the Holiday Inn express next door or make the trip in from Halifax

Room Tip: Good luck!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank alix L
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Thank you for submitting a comment with Tripadvisor.

I apologize for the inconvenience you expereinced during your visit.

I will attempt to contact you to get details regarding your reservation.

I believe that on the day you arrived there may have been issues with our computer systems that may have caused some issues with our credit card processing which in turn caused some confusion for some clients who were checking in.

Thanks again for providing feedback.

David Clark

Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn the night before our flight to Cuba the next morning and the day we got back, 2 weeks later. I was able to park my car during that time which was a big bonus. Only downside is the lot was not beside the Hilton, but rather the Holiday Inn and being that it is gravel my car was quite dirty from the dust when I got back. Nevertheless no big deal and the Hilton was kind enough to have a shuttle take us back and forth from the lot as needed.

The hotel itself is very nice, clean and well maintained. The rooms are also very nice, the bed was very comfortable, the bathroom very nice, and even a comfortable work area with an ergonomic chair. My only complaint with the room is with the climate control. You could set whatever temperature you wanted. However, to control the temperature it either just shot out blasts of cold air or blasts of hot air. This wouldn't have bothered me other than the cold air had a tendency to dry the air out and caused me a bit of problems sleeping the night before our flight. On our return I just turned the unit off completely and slept a lot better. Everything was nice and quiet, although I could hear the tv in the room next door a bit so light sleepers such as myself might want to take earplugs just in case. The room also had a coffee maker which was great for our 7AM flight as well coffee in the lobby with travel cups was a nice touch. We also were able to get a late check out as Hilton Honours members which was much appreciated after a full day of travel.

The staff were very helpful, providing us with menus for delivery(although apparently only a couple places are willing to deliver to the area, obviously no fault of the Hilton's). They also were great with the shuttle, the drivers were all helpful and friendly. The only thing I would say here is that we had a bit of a wait for the shuttle at the airport when coming home. Not the fault of the drivers as they had lots of people waiting and did their best to squeeze people in, but not the best way to end your vacation and I probably would have taken a cab had I known about the wait. Overall I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Garden Inn and would recommend it to those flying out of the Halifax Airport. Thank you to the staff who were so helpful and we will hopefully be back very soon for our next trip.

Room Tip: The top floor is the best for quiet and has a decent view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank IslanderOnTheGo

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback through Tripadvisor.

I am happy to read that your stay was good (mostly). Thanks for the comments regarding the parking area. We continually use this type of information to improve our service delivery.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

David Clark

Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

Standaed Hilton quality. If you're doing a flight layover this is the place to stay. Definitely not the place if visiting the Halifax area as its about 30 min drive from the city

• Stayed: May 2012
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel with TripAdvisor.

I am happy to read your comments about our hotel.

Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

Kind regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport
ALT Hotel Halifax Airport
Quality Inn Halifax Airport
Inn on the Lake
Inn on the Lake
#1 of 1 in Fall River
Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport? Share your experiences!