1,129 results
All reviews halifax airport an early flight grab and go modern design rental car covered walkway next morning late arrival rooms are small self serve wake up call sky bridge blackout curtains lounge area air canada comfortable bed great shower
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A group of us stayed after arriving late. The 'walk to' location was perfect as some of our flights arrived quite a bit later than scheduled.

Check in was very quick and friendly. I was up in my room in under five minutes of my arrival at the desk. Note that the check in is on the second floor next to the bar/cafe. The bar itself had a nice yet mellow crowd, even at 11:30 pm.

The rooms are very modern and relaxing. Air conditioning worked well (it was quite humid), the beds were very comfortable and there was no airplane noise.

I meet a client for breakfast the next morning and liked the cafe set up once you figured it out. It is basically a prepackaged, self service operation. As a result, we ended up eating more healthy than we normally do. The food was of good quality but there were not a lot of hot options if that is what you are looking for. The terminal does have a Tim Horton's and a few other options before security.

If you are picking up a rental car, you just go next door...

Overall, we found the hotel very comfortable and convenient. The proximity to the airport is nice and it would make a decent base for exploring this part of Nova Scotia if you wanted to avoid downtown Halifax. While we like to be in a walkable location, we actually preferred this hotel itself to the one we stayed in downtown. Will definitely try other Alt Hotels when in Canada.

Date of stay: August 2019
markschaay, General Manager at Alt Hotel Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Kevin R,

Thank you for taking the time to share this fantastic review. I have shared it with our team. Really appreciated

We hope you will have a chance to try out another Alt Hotel in the near future. Please let us know if we can assist.

Thanks again

Reviewed September 4, 2019

Bland hotel for the price, only positive point it seems to have it the proximity to the airport. Rooms seem very industrial and lack any sense of warmth. I doubt I will be a return customer as there is a cheaper hotel nearby with a free shuttle.

Date of stay: August 2019
markschaay, General Manager at Alt Hotel Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hello Mark H,

Thank you for the feedback, obviously we are disappointed with the outcome.

We are always working to ensure our price remains competitive for our market and we take feedback such as this into consideration for sure. We do appreciate you sharing your comments and we hope you decide to stay with us again.

Reviewed September 4, 2019

Very attractive hotel with a 24 hour snack and beverage shop, absolutely the best beds, beautiful bathrooms, lots of lighting and outlets in the room. The only place to stay if one is flying in or out of Halifax.

Date of stay: September 2019

Hello David O,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a fabulous review. Our team really appreciates the great feedback.

We hope you will stay with us again in the future and do not hesitate to let us know if we can offer any assistance.

Thanks again

mschaay@althotel.ca

Reviewed September 1, 2019

I booked a room at this hotel for my son whose flight was arriving close to midnight. It was so convenient for him to take the pedway that connects the airport to the hotel. He told me it was one of the nicest hotels he had ever stayed at and that he had never slept in a bed that was more comfortable. Having stayed at Alt Hotel in Montreal myself, I knew that this hotel at the Halifax airport location would be a good choice for my son and it looks like I was right!

Reviewed September 1, 2019 via mobile

I’ve stayed here for business and for travel many times. The location is the best part. Wheel your bag right from the carousel to the hotel! The rooms are sustainable which is really important to me. Beds are super comfortable and rooms are basically silent because of the construction. Blackout blinds. And no noise from planes.

The wine selection is nice at the lounge and a good selection of meals and snacks on the go.

Staff are friendly. Receipts emailed within minutes of checkout.

Love the Alt. Would recommend for any reason for business or in transit.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Hello jessicabZ8466WM,

Wow, we really appreciate your loyalty. Thank you very much for the repeat stays and great feedback.

Look forward to seeing you again at our hotel.