“A haven!”

ALT Hotel Halifax Airport
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Enfield
Reviewed July 6, 2014

The ALT Hotel Halifax Airport is a perfect haven for the weary traveller. Easily accessable by way of a walkway from the airport, it offers superbly comfortable accommodation that is also stylish. Unlike some airport hotels, its is not outrageously expensive. We stayed there twice on our recent trip - each time was blissful.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 2, 2014

our flight was cancelled at midnight and we found ourselves booked by the airline into the Alt Hotel where we finally arrived disgruntled and tired early in the morning!
From the first this hotel was brilliant. the receptionist was helpful and friendly, the room was spacious, the beds comfortable, with a bedside/reading light each (what a treat), good sized bath, excellent double glazing so the noise from the airport didn't disturb.
It is so very convenient for the airport that we would certainly use again were we to be in Halifax
There is a large atrium with nooks and crannies for privacy, a wide selection of good, tasty but basic food(there is no restaurant) , computers for use and TVs ( useful at a time of wimbledon and the world cup)
no need to stay anywhere else

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2014

First time at Alt - really nice overall. The shower was fantastic as was the decor. Ultra modern with exposed concrete and clean lines. I personally found the bed a little soft, but to each their own.
It's so conveniently located for the airport and a great price.
Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Alt recently. Thanks, fellow Trip Advisor members for the room tips. My husband was travelling early the next morning with his bike and a huge amount of luggage and I decided to book the Alt for the convenience of being just a walk away from check in.

We parked in the parkade and were able to nab a couple of carts to move all his stuff and it was just a short walk to the pedway to the hotel. Staff very helpful. We were able to leave the luggage and bike on the carts in secure storage overnight down the hall from the front desk.

This was the first time I had stayed at an Alt Hotel. Lobby was nice, with cool furnishings. I did not try any of the food. I had requested a room with a view of the airport. We were given a room on the fourteenth floor, with large corner windows facing the runway and a view of the front of the airport also. This was totally mesmerizing. We watched the planes land and take off for a long time, yet there was very little noise.

The room was very modern decor. Very clean. Bed and bedding comfortable with a very cool swivel chair in front of the windows. I liked the toiletries. The night was very quiet and we got our wake up call on schedule. Check out simple.

I would stay at the Alt again and recommend to my friends, especially for the convenience of being at the airport.

Room Tip: If you have a higher room, the views are amazing.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2014

First time at an Alt hotel and loved it. Loved the room and the furnishings and the lobby with great meeting and conversation spaces. Wifi with no password is great. Was there for a meeting and the meeting space was lovely -- very modern. The grab and go restaurant is great and you can always go to the airport (choices are limited there) for a restaurant meal. The only drawback that was although I turned the air on the temperature in the room stayed at 72 degrees and it was rather hot. Staff was great and friendly. Bed was comfortable. And for an airport hotel it was very quiet --- I heard no airplane noise at all. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
markschaay, General Manager at ALT Hotel Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Hello igraze2,

Thank you for the great feedback, we are glad you enjoyed the hotel. Having your room at 72 with no change it certainly not normal. We have Maintenance on staff 7 days a week to resolve issues like this. I'm glad it did not detour you from the hotel, please let me know if I can assist with anything in the future.

Mark Schaay
mschaay@althotels.ca

Reviewed June 14, 2014

We stayed here on June 5th before a flight the next day. It is so convenient for access to the airport. The restaurant is a grab and go but it is so easy to just walk to the airport to eat a meal it's no big deal. Room was great and the bed was very comfortable. Everything was clean and surprisingly quiet considering it's at the airport. Staff was very friendly. I would recommend.

Room Tip: If you want a room that is quiet, clean and comfortable and close to the airport, choose the Alt Hot...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

You cannot beat the convenience of the ALT hotel. Many times I have done park n' fly or a shuttle from the other airport hotels but you always have to figure in at least an hour extra for that usually crack of dawn flight. The whole point for me in staying at the airport instead of home is time. I so appreciate the hip design, peaceful and relaxed environment as well as the welcoming staff at the ALT. The gift coupon for food/beverage I found in my room upon arrival ,along with a personalized note was a lovely touch. Go ahead and compare parking rates etc. with the other hotels but you are comparing apples and oranges. The ALT is good value for the service provided.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
markschaay, General Manager at ALT Hotel Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Hello Marie2453,

Thank you for a great review, your comments are truly appreciated. I have shared your review with our team and please do not hesitate to let me know if we can assist with anything in the future. Once again, thank you.

Mark Schaay
mschaay@althotels.ca

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Downtown Halifax
Prince George Hotel
Prince George Hotel
#4 of 28 in Halifax
Downtown Halifax
The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites

Been to ALT Hotel Halifax Airport? Share your experiences!