“Stay, park and fly”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Enfield
Maritime city, Canada
“Stay, park and fly”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Stayed overnight before a March Break trip with the kids and booked the room plus 8 days parking "deal". To me, it was a bit pricey but the service and room were great. The convenience of walking over the pedway on departure without going outside is amazing. It is also quite convenient upon leaving the airport. I think that I would stay again for that purpose.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sanderella1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Sydney Mines, Canada
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Really close to airport but they dont include free parking for the week, good if no parking required. Found the rooms modern but dark. Will saty again if just a stop over as no shuttle to other near by resorts are required.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank EastCoastMafiaTravel
markschaay, General Manager at ALT Hotel Halifax Airport, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Hello EastCoastMafiaTravel,

Thank you for the review, we are happy to read that you found our hotel so convenient. Please let us know if we can assist with anything in the future. Look forward to having you stay with us again.

Mark Schaay
Stanhope, Canada
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

We normally stay at the airport Holiday Inn Express when we fly out of Halifax, but we had to leave a day early to escape a snowpocalypse and the HIE was booked up solid. We ended up with a room at the ALT for roughly the same price, but unfortunately parking was not included as it is at the HIE. So, we paid $80 for eight days of parking and we decided it was definitely worth it. The biggest benefit of the ALT over the HIE is that it is connected directly to the airport via pedway, so there's no need to get up extra early before a morning flight in order to make the shuttle to the airport.

The room was quite small (possibly the smallest hotel room I've stayed in) but very well laid out. The bed was very comfortable and we also got a free cot, which was quite nice. The bathroom and glassed in shower were modern and gorgeous with beautiful fixtures.

The service was good considering how incredibly busy it was. The hotel was completely sold out with people trying to fly out early the next morning ahead of the blizzard. Overall, a positive experience. We'll likely stay there again due to the convenience of the pedway to the airport.

Stayed March 2014
Hello tommypei,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your first ALT experience. We are very happy to see that you found the hotel so convenient and that service provided was up to your standards. We know that parking is an additional expense at our hotel. The airport parking offers the security and convenience that is perfect for our hotel. You also have an option for covered parking which is an added benefit. Once again, thank you for the great review and we look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Mark Schaay
Newmarket, Canada
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I've done a lot of travelling on my own, I felt right at home here the staff was great. I'd especially like to thank Carlee for all her help, she was very knowledgable and friendly, I will be sure to recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Cape Breton
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Chose the ALT Hotel at Halifax airport for convenience of early morning departure. We were pleased with the layout and amenities - unique to our area. Reasonable rates. Pared-down services, but completely appropriate.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 23, 2014

While flying out of Halifax Airport, my flight had been cancelled due to a snow storm. Now, I usually stay at the Hilton, however I'm so glad I decided to try something new. This Alt hotel is brand new and looked amazing. It was so different from what I'm used to staying at. Right from the start, at guest services, I was greeted with a friendly smile at check-in. I went to the room, got settled in. I always sit on the bed right first thing. This was such a comfortable bed, and I was still only sitting on it. It was getting late and I was getting hungry, I stopped by Guest Services to get some input on what to have delivered, they were very helpful in offering dining options and were very knowledgeable. After dinner, I went down to the bar and had a couple nightcaps. Sleeping on that bed was amazing. I called and got a wake up call early as I wanted to hit the gym before getting ready for the day and I was surprised in the morning when an actual person called and woke me up, not those generic recordings. Check-out was a breeze, again greeted with a smile. At check-out I told them that they have new regular whenever I need to fly out of Halifax. I'm so happy that I decided to stay here and look forward to my next Halifax trip.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeremy A
Hello Jeremy A,

Thank you for an excellent review. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed our hotel. Once again, thank you for a really great review.

Mark Shay
Burlington
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We had an over night in Halifax and booked here. We were more than pleased with this hotel. The staff are all wonderful. The décor of the hotel is unique and very modern. There is food available 24 hrs which is great when you come in with hungry kids and its late at night. The rooms are small but offer you everything that's needed and the beds are extremely comfortable.
The hotel has a pool which the kids really enjoyed it before we left the following day.
We will be back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Inn on the Lake
#1 of 1 in Fall River
Downtown Halifax
Homewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown, Nova Scotia, Canada

Been to ALT Hotel Halifax Airport? Share your experiences!