“Great place to stay to catch a flight”

ALT Hotel Halifax Airport
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Enfield
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Alt Hotel is attached to the airport which makes it so easy when arriving late/departing early. All the other hotels around Halifax airport require a shuttle which I have taken in the past and can't stand having to line up at 5am to crowd onto the bus to the terminal.
The room is basic but clean, comfortable and stylish making is a great place for a quick stay. There is food available in the lobby but you can also head across the walkway to the terminal as an option.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
MSchaay1, General Manager at ALT Hotel Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Hello KGG22,

Just want to thank you for the great review. We were thrilled to read that you enjoyed the hotel. Once again, thanks for the review and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Mark Schaay

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel last night, and had to catch an early flight this morning.
Wonderful location. We checked in; the staff was friendly, helpful and very attentive.
The room was just superb, clean, the bed inviting, the bedding crisp and fresh clean.
The style of the hotel is modern, edgy with clean cut lines, simply nice.
Staying at the ALT was a nice finale to our long weekend excursion. Special thanks to Kaj Lapot, he was just great, friendly and personable.

Room Tip: For once, the temprature in the room was perfect. I did not have to spend time in ajusting the blast...
1  Thank Rachel L
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My husband and I absolutely loved this place. It is attached to the airport - which is great for early / late flights. The staff is personable (even late at night) and the rooms - which are modern and so well thought out - are spotlessly clean. Oh, and the beds? OMG... we stayed at several 4 star Inns and hotels during our Nova Scotia vacation and I have to say that the ALT beds & linens were the BEST. Seriously, I could go on about this place forever, but I'm posting photos instead as they illustrate exactly what I mean.
Message to the owners: PLEASE put an ALT every airport!!! You guys are awesome <3

Room Tip: We stayed At the Halifax ALT twice - the night we arrived and the night b4 our departure and so we g...

Hello sleach2013,

Thank you for the review, really nice to read the you enjoyed the hotel so much. Thank you.

Mark Schaay

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Convenient, reasonable price and wonderful staff. We love the concept however there were a few items of concern which we brought forward. The glass shower wall joining the bedroom lights up the entire room when someone turns on the light in the bathroom which is annoying in the middle of the night. The alarm clock that comes in the room puts off enough light that we had to drape a towel over it. Thanks for accepting our feedback in a positive manner!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

What a wonderful experience! I loved my stay at Alt Hotel, as did the five other members of my family arriving from various parts of the U.S. for a week in Nova Scotia. I had initially booked a hotel in downtown Halifax for our arrival date, but because we were all on different flights, it seemed better to stay at the new Alt Hotel in case there were delays or other travel-related problems (like my lost suitcase, which took several hours to arrive on a later flight that night). Alt is clean, modern, cool and inviting. I especially appreciated the lobby with lots of distinct and well-designed lounging areas for people to gather, plus a lovely café with great options for a light meal (or more), a cup of coffee, a glass of wine, what have you. The desk staff was friendly, welcoming and so helpful. My niece and nephew loved the pool. I loved the clean lines and contemporary décor. All of us appreciated the location, with three incoming flights and a lost suitcase that would need to be reclaimed at some point. I liked Alt Hotel so much that I also canceled my reservation at a downtown Halifax hotel for my last night in Nova Scotia. Alt’s front desk staff accommodated an early check-in and even upgraded me to a FABULOUS room, which was very much appreciated. My flight home to California was early the next morning and it was so easy to roll out of bed and into the airport—no transportation necessary. Re: transportation, there is an express bus right in front of the hotel that gets you to downtown Halifax for a song. After my family had turned in the rental car on our last day, this was a great option for me to enjoy an afternoon of museums, shopping, etc. before my trip home. All in all, a GREAT choice to stay at Alt Hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank BlueSkyOpenSea
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I really like this as a stop before or after flying. Smart, solid (noiseless) smallish rooms but fully functional for a single or couple. Sensible pricing in the context of the "shuttle" hotels and for me much better, But the food arrangement is terrible. Good idea - always available - but the prices are absurd for the quality, - an attempt to take reheatable food up market which failed in the execution. Salt and Vinegar wantons at $4 were short on quantity and tasteless for example. Interesting and varied lounge area though, and as above high marks for everything but the food.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank marcus w
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Pros:
Connected to terminal via-indoor walkway
Cool design/modern fresh décor
Eco-friendly (Put your door key in a slot by the door to activate lights in the room, saves energy when you leave the room and you always know where your key is, its a win-win)
Friendly communal bar area with grab and go snacks and a free pool table to pass some time

Cons:
Not really a con, more of a tip, remember to turn on the A/C unit (appears to be defaulted to be off), or you might wake up in the middle of the night very sweaty.

Overall, love the place for what it is, a cheap (ok, reasonable), cheerful, pay-as-you-go airport crash pad.

Slightly annoyed by other reviewers giving bad reviews for it not being a full service hotel (no porter to take your luggage to your room, etc). That's not what this place is. Its a ~$200ish/nt airport hotel people, don't expect bell hops and white linens everywhere. If you want that check out a Le-Germain hotel (same company).

Room Tip: Ask for one facing the runways so you can watch take offs and landings. Make sure the A/C unit is t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Steve V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Quality Inn Halifax Airport
Comfort Inn Halifax
#19 of 28 in Halifax
Travelodge Suites Halifax Dartmouth
Best Western Plus Chocolate Lake Hotel

Been to ALT Hotel Halifax Airport? Share your experiences!