“Excellent Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Enfield
Reviewed February 28, 2011

My wife and I often stay at this hotel when we fly in and out of Halifax Int. Aiport. The hotel is just a short drive away and there is a free shuttle service. The building is new and modern and the rooms are clean. Will likely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 14, 2011

We had previously looked at this hotel but decided the staff at the neighboring Hilton Garden Inn were friendlier, however this time the staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful so we decided to give them a second chance.
The room itself was very nice, large and extremely clean. It was well appointed with nice decor and clean furnishings. There was noise from the corridors, especially doors banging, and the breakfast had a very basic selection.
However the real problems were the high polyester / nylon content sheets and the air conditioning unit which kept switching itself off - the combination of which resulted in a very poor nights sleep.
Also $200 for a room near Halifax airport which is at least 30min from the center of town seems very steep.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 4states
Reviewed February 7, 2011

We (my husband and two sons, aged 10 & 12) stayed at this hotel Jan 26 - 29, 2011. We were originally booked in for two nights, but because of an impending snow storm, we went over the evening before (from PEI where if the Confederation Bridge closes, there is no other driving option to get off the Island). We were checked in very quickly (my husband is a Priority Club member) and were given a suite on the 6th floor (we had booked a double room and were upgraded).
The parking lot was full (some vehicles I'm assuming were there for the Hotel's Park n Stay promotion) but the hotel was very quiet. There were international students staying there, awaiting their flights out to their home countries, but we didn't hear them at all.
The free breakfast was delicious and filling. There was never a line up on any of the three mornings that we went down (different times each morning) and the food trays were refilled promptly.
There was coffee / tea / hot chocolate available all day, and there were delicious cookies available in the lobby from about 6:00 onwards in the evening (which prompted a walk downstairs by the boys nightly).
We came and went quite often to doctor's appointments, hockey games and for meals often and had no problem finding cleaned out parking spots (as I mentioned above, there had been a snow storm).
One evening we had a plugged toilet and within 3 minutes of calling the front desk, a gentleman in a suit was up to unclog it.
The kids used the pool and the exercise room and on all but one occasion, we had the facilities to ourselves.
All in all, an excellent hotel for service, offerings, and value.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 17, 2011

I usually like the Holiday Inn Express and this one is very new and clean. The property overall in great shape. I'm a Holiday Inn Priority club gold member as an indication of how much I use them and typically find they have very good value when well managed.

However there were two issues I wasn't happy with at this one...and I think it really just speaks to the small but significant details management is missing. First, on signing in during a cold winter night I was really annoyed with being told I had to go back out to my car to put a sticker on the window or risk being towed. I don't care how you manage your parking - but surely there is a better way. This was just a poor start in being welcomed to the property. Why you can't just take the license plate number of the vehicle like at every other hotel I don't understand.

Secondly, this place is dry and there is no restaurant. It is a bigger deal because the Halifax Airport and this hotel are not close to city at all and thus somewhat in the middle of nowhere. There is a pantry next to the front desk full of greasy snacks, swanson nukables and sugary drinks, but apparently offering any kind of selection of beer/wine, fresh fruit ,cheese/crackers etc wasn't on the radar. If you do want anything nourishing or a simple beer you will be told as I was that "I was welcome to go next door to the Hilton Garden Inn." Next time I plan on doing just that. The price is roughly the same and after having stayed at both - the HGI is the winner for sure..

happy travels,

NB Globetrotter

Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2010

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Halifax Airport earlier this month and it was honestly amazing - there is nothing that I could point out that needs improvement, my experience was that positive. I got an upgrade to a spa room when I got there - a very nice surprise after a long and busy day. As soon as I walked into the room, I could smell clean linen and the room was very clean and beautiful. The bed was very comfortable, and the whirlpool was so relaxing! My check-in was great too! There was a girl named Ginger at the desk and she was so friendly and professional. I also had the housekeeping manager say hello to me and she was very warm and friendly. Both of these staff members seem like assets to the hotel team and I feel they should be recognized, and I'll give credit where it's due! This is the second time I've stayed at the hotel, and I am recommending it to everyone! Members of my family have also stayed - we travel a lot, and we have seen some very nice hotels... but this is the best, by far! I

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2010

Stayed here for a night in on the way to Newfoundland. After a tiring journey from Copenhagen, it was very nice to be picked up from the airport. The staff in the reception were very friendly. They even gave us tips on local sight seeing, including helping us plan out road trip up to North Sydney. The rooms were comfortable and breakfast like every other Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2010

The holiday inn express is a very nice hotel. Free breakfast in the morning, friendly staff, and nice clean rooms. The only set back, and it's minor, is the location. It's a bit far from any restaurants. They do have a restaurant on property with a fairly limited menu. Very nice workout room. The rooms are nice and big. Free cookies and apples in the evening.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Quality Inn Halifax Airport
ALT Hotel Halifax Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport
Inn on the Lake
Inn on the Lake
#1 of 1 in Fall River
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Halifax-Bedford

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport? Share your experiences!