“Comfortable hotel but no restaurants nearby”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Enfield
Reviewed June 17, 2009

I was catching a very early flight from Halifax so moved from downtown Halifax to the HI Express for the night before my flight (actually about 8PM to 4AM the next morning). Here's a tip: take the Airporter bus to the airport for $18, then take the free HI Express shuttle from the airport to the hotel. It runs every half hour and sure beats paying $60 for a cab direct from downtown! The room was quiet and comfortable, fine for the short time I was there. As for dinner, however, I have to say their website is very misleading. I thought there were places nearby as the site says several restaurants are in an 'adjacent plaza'. Well, there's nothing within walking distance except the restaurant in the Hilton Garden Inn next door! Highly misleading. I ended up with an expensive small pizza delivered by a local place that tacked on an extra delivery charge. Not a huge deal, but if I had known I would have eaten in Halifax or even grabbed a sandwich at the airport.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Amaklo

Reviewed April 20, 2009

I booked a room at this hotel using my airmiles so I didn't expect much since it was free. Was I surprised! Our flight arrived at 11pm and the hotel had a free shuttle waiting for us to bring us to the hotel. We checked in quickly and were told by the staff member (he was in training) that since it was a quiet evening and we looked so tired, he upgraded us for free to a suite. Imagine that!

The beds were AMAZING...big, firm but fluffy and the sheets smelled so good. The wake up service called exactly when they were suppose to and the free continental breakfast was yummy. This hotel is a gem and I can't wait to stay there again.

I have no idea if the location is convenient to anything in Halifax as we used it as our layover hotel!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Trudy1971
Reviewed March 22, 2009

Normally we use holiday Inn Express hotels, as we have found them to be clean, efficient etc. This is also usually the case with holiday Inn Express at Enfield, close to the airport. On our outward bound trip, the hotel was all we expected, However upon entering the room a few days ago, we felt the pillows looked used. On further inspection, they were covered with black hairs. We called the front desk and the manager brought us new pillow covers. A couple of hours later, we thought to check the sheets - just in case, and they too were covered with black hairs. My husband's feet then crunched on something on the floor, and it was covered in pretzels, which indicated the floor had not even been vacuumed. When I took a shower, the shower door fell right off (we had this problem also the first time we stayed there) Very dangerous, as the door is heavy and coud have seriously hurt a child. i was making my way to the front desk, when I met the head housekeeper, so I asked her to come see the room. She was very nice and very apologetic and said she had personally inspected the room and 'missed' the problems we showed her! She told us she knew the bed linens had been changed (???) and that they had new girls in training, and also they were having a problem at the laundry with hair sticking to the sheets. I fell this is totally disgusting, and wonder why they cannot check with other hotels to see how they manage this problem. Who wants to get ready to step into a bed that is covered with someone else's hair. Although i generally like Holiday Inns, I would seriously hesitate to return to this particular hotel next year, and will definitely return to the Hilton Garden at the airport, which is a beautiful hotel and very clean.

• Stayed: March 2009
2  Thank CalebMicah
Reviewed March 14, 2009

I had a flight leaving at 6:30am, so I booked a night at this hotel so I wouldn't have to drive over 30 minutes to get to this hotel. I also left my car there, which cost $10 a week. The hotel was very clean and looked nice inside and out. The room was spacious and had a nice Flat Screen TV. I've been to hotels with Flat Screen TV's before, however this is the first hotel I've stayed at which actually had HD(High Definition) programming. I was impressed.
The bed was comfortable, and no complaints.

I found the shuttle in the morning to be slow, and the driver less than friendly. That was my only downside.

I would stay here again for early morning flights only. :)

Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pilotboy1985
Reviewed October 24, 2008

We were staying at this hotel close to the airport in commencement of a week long vacation and the room and service were excellent. It was the best accommodations on our vacation! The staff was friendly. The shuttle service to the airport (and back when we got home - we left our car at the hotel) was excellent and so convenient. The room was of an extremely high quality. We took advantage of the saltwater pool on site for a relaxing swim. Although there is not a restaurant on site, the hotel has arrangements with a near by restaurant for delivery. Menus are in the room and getting dinner delivered was easy. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and we were very happy with our decision to stay at the hotel, it made our early morning flight less difficult.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travel4funHalifax
Reviewed October 24, 2008

Staff was very friendy and helpful and the room was beautiful. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone. We had an early morning flight to Vegas and it worked out perfect for us with the shuttle.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2008

We chose this location as it was close to the Halifax Stanfield airport. It was pricey ($199 per night for a suite) but we enjoyed the luxury after staying in budget accommodations all week.

It was a little tricky to find but it was worth it.

The hotel is new and everything is still immaculate. The room had 2 queen beds (with 4 pillows each and a duvet) and a sofabed. We were three adults who did not want to share a bed. The countertops in the kitchenette and bathroom were granite. There was ample coffee available to make in the little coffee maker. The breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, bacon, biscuits, English muffins, a variety of cereals, yogourt, bagels, cinnamon rolls, coffee and juice. The Globe and Mail was available each morning.

If I were in the area again and wanted to pamper myself, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank rowdygirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Quality Inn Halifax Airport
ALT Hotel Halifax Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport
Inn on the Lake
Inn on the Lake
#1 of 1 in Fall River
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth
Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport? Share your experiences!