“Good place to stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Enfield
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I have stayed here 2 times in the last 4 years. I have always had a good time here. Hotel is very clean and staff are always helpful. Breakfast is hot and has a pretty good variety. Rooms are clean and beds are very comfy. Pool is a nice size and good way to spend the night. Hotel is pretty much just for people going to the airport and want a place to park there cars, however that being said it is close to Dartmouth crossing so there is stuff to do close by. Shuttle is on a good 30 min schedule and have had no problems getting on the shuttle. Overall a great hotel and a safe place to leave your car when your flying out of Halifax.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
John D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you Coady90 for your kind review. I am glad to see that your stay was satisfactory and that you enjoyed all of our services and features.
I hope to welcome you back soon.
Safe travels

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I booked a park and fly package at this hotel for a recent trip to the Dominican. We live locally (1/2 hour from the airport), but our flight departed at 6 am, so we decided to stay and get the shuttle in the morning. We had somebody lined up to stay in our house to watch the kids.

We ended up having to cancel and leave from home, so I went online and went through the cancellation process, got the cancellation number, and went on my merry way.

When we got back from our trip we noticed we had been charged for the room and the parking. We had parked at the airport and spent $100 there. When I called the front desk they told me that because it was an advance rate it was due and not refundable!!! When I looked at my booking, there it was at the bottom of the page. I booked this 1.5 months before my trip and cancelled it 3 full days before I was scheduled to stay.

When I cancelled there were no messages, pop ups or any notification reminding me that my money was non refundable. At the very least I would have parked in their parking lot.

When I called the manager of the hotel, I got a very unhelpful "that is our policy and there is nothing I can do." When I emailed through their corporate page I got the exact same response. I paid for a service that I was allowed to cancel and Holiday Inn got my money and didn't have to do a thing.

They need to tell people when they are cancelling that their money will not be refunded. It needs to pop up and require a click that you understand, because frankly people that book that far in advance may forget that you are going to steal their money.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
John D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you Chris T for your candid comments. These comments assists us in communicating the policies and the process of booking our advance purchase rates. You are correct in stating buyers need to be aware or informed of what option they are choosing. We have several advance purchase rates which are attractive to many of our clients because they are a great discount off of our regular rates. The policy terms & conditions of the reservation date cannot be changed or refunded in any way. These policy terms and conditions are listed on the web page where guests enter their information to book as well as the terms and conditions they must click and agree to before completing and canceling the booking. Many of our clients book these rates because of the great discount and are willing to take the risk against not being able to stay for their reservation date. I might suggest that you contact your travel insurance company who may be able to assist you. We sincerely hope that you have the chance to actually stay at our hotel in the future so we are able to show off our great guest rooms and professional service. If you have any further questions or requests, please feel free to contact me directly.

Rich Taylor

Reviewed February 24, 2014

My wife and decided to stay here the night before we fly to cuba. At 10:30 at night we are lying in bed watching tv, and our room door opens. After being in our room for 6 hours, they gave another family a key to our room, and the opens while we are lying in bed. When i called the front desk, all i got was an incincere apology. I travel for work, and have stayed in hundreds of hotel rooms over the years, and i never had this happen before. Completely unacceptable, as was their refusal to do anything about it. Will never stay here again, and will warn anyone thinking of using them.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank MikeSavidant
John D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank you MikeSavidant for your informative and honest response. We sincerely apologize for the mix up with the keys and for another guest having access to your room. This was a training issue and human error and we do not take this lightly. Please know, that this should not have happened at our hotel as we have procedures to follow to avoid this situation. We understand our guest’s security requirements and want them to relax while in our hotel. It should not have happened at our hotel. We hope for your understanding and would hope that you would return so we can instill your confidence in us. I understand you spoke with our front desk manager the morning after you stay but please contact me directly if you would like to discuss anything further.

My apologies again
Regards
John Duggan

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Great spot to stay. I stayed at the start and end of my trip from the Hfx Airport. When you stay with the Holiday Inn Airport, you get PARKING (when you reserve your room as the "park n fly" or something like that feature)!! Which saves a tonne of money at the airport. They have shuttles which are great. No dragging bags all over the parking lot, just picked up right at the arrivals door. The staff are lovely. And they have a convenience store. I got in late one night and then just grabbed some quick food at the little "convenience store" to eat before having a wonderful sleep. Clean rooms. Up to date. Quiet. Everything was just perfect. :)

Room Tip: My room was RIGHT be the elevator and I never heard a thing. No *ding* noises and no passing travell...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank JMorris711
John D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

WOW! Thank you JMorris711 for your kind 5 star review. I am glad that you appreciate the value and convenience of staying with us. I hope that you will visit us again soon
Safe travels for now

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Recently stayed there for several days. This hotel has a shuttle to the airport every half hour. Staff are very helpful and friendly. Decor is bright, new and vibrant. Breakfast buffet was a great value added feature. They should probably better stock their "convenience store" nook, as this place had very few items. They may also wish to consider installing some form of on-demand movie/tv feature. Also, they should probably extend the breakfast buffet hours a little later - to 11AM or even right up to 12. The area it's served in isn't really a full-time restaurant and it's the least they can do. Still, overall, a comfortable place to stay if you're held-over. Right in front of the Hotel to the left, there's a bus stop for the 320 Express Metro bus. For $3.25, it will take you to Dartmouth and to a stop in Downtown Halifax. This is very useful, as taxi rides that distance will cost $60+ and even the Airport Shuttle will run $22 one way or $40 return.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Wow! Thank you Buchans79 for your kind 5 star review. Our convenience store is stocked weekly and sometimes we do fall behind with the increased demand from our guests. We will be installing a new movie system early in 2014.
I hope to welcome you back soon
Cheers for now

Reviewed January 7, 2014

AS a travel agent this is my choice. It's so service catered to travelers and they have a great free morning buffet. With free transport to the airport and free parking for two weeks its almost free to many compared to parking.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Wow! Thank you Seaslider for your 5 star review. I agree that we are THE place to stay here at the airport and we are great value!! I hope to welcome you back soon.
Safe Travels

Reviewed December 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel the night of December 9th. We arrived in a snow storm and the hotel shuttle was still running on schedule, I was impressed! The hotel staff were friendly and accommodated our luggage after we arrived and had to leave right away to return our car rental. Our room was nice, the beds and pillows were comfortable. I only wish we had more time but we arrived late and checked-out very early for our flight the next morning. Even with snow still on the ground, the hotel shuttle was still on schedule to the minute. Because we left so early in the morning, we didn't take the time to enjoy the breakfast but we could smell the bacon as we wandered out of the lobby. The hotel is an excellent choice for proximity to the airport and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this location to every traveler that I know :)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
HIEHFXManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Thank-you for taking the time for responding Joanne S, it sounds like you experienced the service that we pride ourselves on. I am happy to see that you had a great overnight stay with us.
I hope to welcome you back soon.
Safe travels

John Duggan,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Quality Inn Halifax Airport
ALT Hotel Halifax Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport
Inn on the Lake
Inn on the Lake
#1 of 1 in Fall River
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth
Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport? Share your experiences!