“Overall Very Nice”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Enfield
Kuujjuaq, Canada
“Overall Very Nice”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn at near the Halifax airport for the first time. I had stayed previously next door at the Hilton Garden Inn and had been wanting to switch things up a bit after my last stay wasn't the best. I was really pleased with the Holiday Inn overall and will likely make it my new Halifax airport hotel of choice.

We arrived to the hotel and were parking our car for the week. The reception staff were friendly and efficient, despite the large group of people that arrived at the same time. Within 5 minutes we were given our parking pass for the week and the airport shuttle was waiting to take us to the airport when I returned.

After the week we arrived back in Halifax and were through security by 2:30am. The shuttle arrived within 5 minutes and was able to accommodate the large group from our flight that were looking forward to a much needed rest. Within 2 minutes of arriving at the hotel we had our keys and on our way to the room. The room itself was spotless and the climate control worked perfectly. The only downside to the room was that it didn't have a little fridge which would have been a nice touch. The room is basic but the beds were comfortable and I had a great sleep.

The Holiday Inn offers a hot breakfast buffet in the mornings which was very good. Eggs with cheese, toast, bagels, pancakes, bacon, cereal, yogurt, juice, coffee, etc were all included. I was impressed by how good the food was and it was a nice way to start off the day before driving home.

I would absolutely recommend the Holiday Inn Express near the Halifax airport and will be returning for future flights out of Halifax. The staff are great, the rooms clean, and the breakfast only adds to the value. This is clearly the best option of the hotels close to the airport and I was very impressed with my stay. Thank you to the staff of the Holiday Inn for helping me to end my vacation on a high note and have a relaxing stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank IslanderOnTheGo
HIEHFXManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you IslanderOnTheGo for your kind review. I am happy to hear that that you had a relaxing stay with us and you found the shuttle convenient. Our service team prides itself on cleanliness and quality service for all of our guests.
Its nice to hear that you will be visiting us again in the future.
John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Summit, New Jersey
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed here for an early flight back to Newark. Upon checkin, they immediately acknowled by Priority Club status and moved me to a very nice suite on the top floor. The room was large with a microwave and fridge. The hotel breakfast was standard for HI but everything was fresh and constantly refilled. When my flight was cancelled, I was rebooked for another night and was glad to see that they had coffee available at 6 am for the early morning flight. Everyone was very nice and friendly too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Wow! Thank you morbo284 for your excellant 5 star review.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your few days with us.
We love taking good care of our Priority Club Members!!
I hope to see you again soon.
Cheers
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed here on April 09, 2013 to catch a early flight to Varadero Cuba. Have stayed at the Hilton previously, but this was a little better deal and wanted to check it out.

Hotel is pretty new, so everything looked good, was clean and what you expect if you have stayed at any of the Holiday Inn Express locations.

The package did offer free parking for the week and the shuttle to and from the airport. Both times the wait was approx 5 mins and were able to grab the first shuttle that came.

Didn't take advantage of any of the services they had there, such as pool or breakfast etc as had a early depature we had to catch.

I would recomend this hotel for anyone looking for a nice, comfortable place to stay when flying in or out of Halifax. The only reason I may give the Hilton a slight edge is the resturant/bar they have there would would be convienent.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you Monctonguy for your kind review.
Our Park Stay and Go pakages are very popular with our guests when travelling to
warm southern destinations.
I hope you will visit us again soon.
Truro, Canada
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express the night before we left for Punta Cana. Great spot, as close to the airport and only a 15 minute run to Dartmouth Crossing for shopping. The pool is small however lots of room to relax in. The exercise room has a good selection of equipment. If you stay a night you can leave your car for a week at no charge. A shuttle runs every half hour to the airport and there is a direct line at the airport to call for a pickup when you return. We left at 3 am in the morning for the airport and arrived back the next week at 6 am. The Manager invited us to enjoy the breakfast bar in the dining area, which was awesome for a self serve. Bacon, eggs, muffins, cereal, pancakes, coffee, fruit and more. We really appreciated it after a long flight and it meant we didn't need to stop along the way on our way home. Staff are friendly and the hotel is spotless. Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room faced the highway but we could not hear the traffic sounds, so I would say any room would b...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Paula W for your kind review.
I am happy to hear that you had a satisfactory stay with us.
Our Park Stay and Go packages are quite popular with guests travelling
to warm southern destinations.
I hope you will visit us again soon
Safe travels.
Okmulgee, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I rented this room at the last minute without a reservation on my last night in Canada. The room was big and nice, but had no microwave. I like to make popcorn and watch TV. I went down to the breakfast room and used that microwave. The breakfast was good, with some hot items to pick from. The staff was friendly and helpful. They had some great cookies in the lobby. I book my rooms thru priceline.com and this one I had to pay full price for. At $161 with the AAA rate, it was nothing special but worked for me

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear halschmidt,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were almost satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2013

After a long flight from Vancouver to Halifax, I was pleased to arrive at the Holiday Inn Express. Check-in was quick, staff were very accommodating and the room was excellent. The beds were comfortable and the room had an inviting ambiance. It was well appointed, quiet and comfortable. I was surprised how quiet it was given the hotel was close to capacity. Freebies included in-room internet, hot continental breakfast, newspaper and parking. If you are looking for a late night snack, it would serve you well to take a short drive to the area's grocery stores as the "convenience store" area in the hotel is quite pricey.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you bjkitty for your kind review. I am glad you had a comfortable stay and you
enjoyed all of our complimentary perks available for our guests.
I hope we can welcome you back soon
Cheers and safe travels.
john
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stayed at the Holiday Inn like most people because we had an early morning flight. What a great room - very comfortable and super clean. We had taken a suite for our family and it was plenty big for all and spacious. We got a really good nights sleep - very quiet hotel although we were told it was almost full. Breakfast was very good and the staff were helpful - even though we were eating before it actually opened for the morning. The shuttle was no problem - good and helpful drivers - even if I was a bit tired and grumpy. My kids liked the cookies at check in. A solid four stars.

Room Tip: Suites can easily sleep six.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank chickydoo3
Thankyou chickydoo3 for your kind review.
I am happy to hear you and your family had a comfortable stay in our family suites.
I hope you will visit us again soon!
Cheers and safe travels
John
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Quality Inn Halifax Airport
ALT Hotel Halifax Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport
Inn on the Lake
Inn on the Lake
#1 of 1 in Fall River
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Halifax-Bedford
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport? Share your experiences!