Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Burnside Hotel(Dartmouth)
View Hotel
All reviewshalifax airporthi expressshuttle servicefree shuttlepancake machinefull service restaurantan early morning flightnext morningan overnight stayyogurtbreakfast roombeds were comfortablecheck in was quicklate arrivalfree breakfastnova scotiatim hortons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed here twice during a recent road trip through the Maritimes and New England states. The rooms were large, roomy with comfortable beds. The bathrooms are also large, very clean and modern with lots of fresh fluffy towels...this is a service I really appreciate - instead of having just one towel per person as you find in so many other hotels. The breakfast room is bright with loads of seating, including a comfortable couch and armchairs, and tons of food - both hot and cold choices. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Shuttle service very reliable and welcome. We've used Holiday Inn Express hotels often in various parts of Canada and this is the best one yet. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
HIEHFXManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Wow! Thank you jcgwill for your excellant 5 star review. "The best Holiday Inn Express that I have ever stayed" is a very humbling comment but is very much appreciated!! I am so happy to hear that you will be recommending us to all of your friends.
I hope you will be back to visit us again soon!
Cheers for now.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I usually stay at this Hotel during business trips to Halifax and have never been disappointed. The staff is always friendly and accommodating. The rooms are spacious and clean. They offer free Wi-Fi, breakfast and shuttle bus to the Airport. They also have an indoor pool and a gym. It doesn't have a restaurant on site but you can go next door to the Hilton Garden Inn where there's a restaurant. If you don't want to leave your room they have a directory in the rooms so that you can order from the restaurants in the area and have it deliver there. They also have a small convenience store near the lobby where you can buy snacks and beverages. At their dining room they offer complimentary coffee and cookies throughout the day. Overall a great hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Wow! Thank you rosemaryZ for your excellant 5 star review. My team are always happy to hear that our guiests had a very satisfactory stay with us.
I hope you will back to visit us again soon!
Safe travels
Cheers

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I took off from Phoenix, but the plane was delayed in the air, so we arrived an hour late into Philadelphia. Because of that I missed my flight to Halifax. The cutoff to cancel a reservation without losing your money was 6 P.M, but we arrived at 8 P.M. I could hardly call from 30,000 feet, so when I called they told me "too bad." The circumstances prevented me from canceling earlier, and it wasn't my fault. They can keep my $124.00, but I will never stay there or any other Holiday Inn again. I own a business and we put many of our visitors at a Holiday Inn Express near our office in CA, but I think I will rethink that. A little greed bites you in the long run as they will lose quite a bit of business over this in the long run.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
HIEHFXManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you TomKellyAZ for your honest review. It was unfortunate to hear of your flight delays.
When we received your call after 9pm AST we endeavored to resell your room however we could not. We had turned away guests throughout the evening as our latest cancellation time is 6pm ASTand we are required to hold all other guaranteed rooms until early the next morning in case of late arrival.
Airline problems and weather make traveling now a days very unpredictable.
I would highly recommend that in the future, you consider travel insurance to provide you with protection against these types of occurrences.
Sincere regards
John Duggan, GM

Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel is near the Halifax airport. Has shuttle service to and from the airport. The rooms are lovely, clean, comfy beds. The bathroom is very clean and nice,. The lighting may be a bit "dull", but I have been in darker hotel bathrooms. The rates are very good. The front desk staff were very helpful. Their is a restaurant next door, where you can have Dinner. Because the Hoilday Inn is an Express, they offer Breakfast only, not Dinner. The coffee room is lovely, great coffees are there almost 24 hours a day, cookies are homemade, and are offered in the evening until they are gone.

Room Tip: I don't have any tips on choosing a room. My guess is that they are all very nice. We were there 2 nights, and both rooms were excellent!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
HIEHFXManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Wow! Thank you SnowbirdfromCan... for your excellant 5 star review. It is evident that you had a very satisfactory stay with us.
I hope you will back to visit us again soon!
Safe travels
Cheers

Reviewed September 29, 2012

3 nights spent here to start and finish our holiday. The room was clean,quiet and roomy. The staff was friendly, helpfull and available.
I do wish these chains would include refrigerators in the rooms, as they did at one time.
Also, the one cup coffee service is useless.
Very comfortable beds with new linens and lovely towels. The breakfast buffet was a big plus and there is a full service restaurant in the hotel next door which was quite adequate.
We definitely recommend this hotel,

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
HIEHFXManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you Traveller4664 for your kind response. The coffee makers in the rooms are for convenience only as we have coffee and tea available 24 hours a day in the Great Room located off the lobby. I am glad you found your stay comfortable and of good value.
Please come back and visit us again.
Safe travels.