“Excellent place to stay near airport”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Enfield
Stratford, Canada
“Excellent place to stay near airport”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed here twice during a recent road trip through the Maritimes and New England states. The rooms were large, roomy with comfortable beds. The bathrooms are also large, very clean and modern with lots of fresh fluffy towels...this is a service I really appreciate - instead of having just one towel per person as you find in so many other hotels. The breakfast room is bright with loads of seating, including a comfortable couch and armchairs, and tons of food - both hot and cold choices. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Shuttle service very reliable and welcome. We've used Holiday Inn Express hotels often in various parts of Canada and this is the best one yet. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HIEHFXManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Wow! Thank you jcgwill for your excellant 5 star review. "The best Holiday Inn Express that I have ever stayed" is a very humbling comment but is very much appreciated!! I am so happy to hear that you will be recommending us to all of your friends.
I hope you will be back to visit us again soon!
Cheers for now.
John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I usually stay at this Hotel during business trips to Halifax and have never been disappointed. The staff is always friendly and accommodating. The rooms are spacious and clean. They offer free Wi-Fi, breakfast and shuttle bus to the Airport. They also have an indoor pool and a gym. It doesn't have a restaurant on site but you can go next door to the Hilton Garden Inn where there's a restaurant. If you don't want to leave your room they have a directory in the rooms so that you can order from the restaurants in the area and have it deliver there. They also have a small convenience store near the lobby where you can buy snacks and beverages. At their dining room they offer complimentary coffee and cookies throughout the day. Overall a great hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Wow! Thank you rosemaryZ for your excellant 5 star review. My team are always happy to hear that our guiests had a very satisfactory stay with us.
Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I took off from Phoenix, but the plane was delayed in the air, so we arrived an hour late into Philadelphia. Because of that I missed my flight to Halifax. The cutoff to cancel a reservation without losing your money was 6 P.M, but we arrived at 8 P.M. I could hardly call from 30,000 feet, so when I called they told me "too bad." The circumstances prevented me from canceling earlier, and it wasn't my fault. They can keep my $124.00, but I will never stay there or any other Holiday Inn again. I own a business and we put many of our visitors at a Holiday Inn Express near our office in CA, but I think I will rethink that. A little greed bites you in the long run as they will lose quite a bit of business over this in the long run.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
HIEHFXManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you TomKellyAZ for your honest review. It was unfortunate to hear of your flight delays.
When we received your call after 9pm AST we endeavored to resell your room however we could not. We had turned away guests throughout the evening as our latest cancellation time is 6pm ASTand we are required to hold all other guaranteed rooms until early the next morning in case of late arrival.
Airline problems and weather make traveling now a days very unpredictable.
I would highly recommend that in the future, you consider travel insurance to provide you with protection against these types of occurrences.
Sincere regards
John Duggan, GM
Canada
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel is near the Halifax airport. Has shuttle service to and from the airport. The rooms are lovely, clean, comfy beds. The bathroom is very clean and nice,. The lighting may be a bit "dull", but I have been in darker hotel bathrooms. The rates are very good. The front desk staff were very helpful. Their is a restaurant next door, where you can have Dinner. Because the Hoilday Inn is an Express, they offer Breakfast only, not Dinner. The coffee room is lovely, great coffees are there almost 24 hours a day, cookies are homemade, and are offered in the evening until they are gone.

Room Tip: I don't have any tips on choosing a room. My guess is that they are all very nice. We were there...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HIEHFXManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Wow! Thank you SnowbirdfromCan... for your excellant 5 star review. It is evident that you had a very satisfactory stay with us.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 29, 2012

3 nights spent here to start and finish our holiday. The room was clean,quiet and roomy. The staff was friendly, helpfull and available.
I do wish these chains would include refrigerators in the rooms, as they did at one time.
Also, the one cup coffee service is useless.
Very comfortable beds with new linens and lovely towels. The breakfast buffet was a big plus and there is a full service restaurant in the hotel next door which was quite adequate.
We definitely recommend this hotel,

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HIEHFXManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you Traveller4664 for your kind response. The coffee makers in the rooms are for convenience only as we have coffee and tea available 24 hours a day in the Great Room located off the lobby. I am glad you found your stay comfortable and of good value.
Please come back and visit us again.
Safe travels.
Cheers for now
Rehovot, Israel
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed here for one night prior to our departure from Nova Scotia. It was a fitting ending to a wonderful vacation. Our room was clean, large and very comfortable. We had two double beds, an armchair, desk and chair, closet, chest two telephones, a big flat-screen TV and a coffee corner. All we found lacking were an in-room safe and minibar.

The roomy bathroom had a tub/shower, big. soft towels and an assortment of toiletries.

The hotel has an indoor pool and a small fitness room. Theere is reliable 24-hour shuttle service to and from the airport. The extensive hot and cold breakfast buffet ensures that guests get a good nutritious start to their day. We found the staff friendly, pleasant and helpful,

Definitely recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Wow! Thank you coffeemavenswife for your excellant 5 star review. I am glad to hear that you had a great visit with us.
Roseville, CA
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on either end of our Nova Scotia vacation because of its proximity to the airport and the convenience of the hotel shuttle, plus the included breakfast. The room was large, clean, and well appointed with two double beds (comfortable), a sofa, a desk, and a little mini-bar with a small fridge, microwave, and bar sink.

Some minor complaints: 1) The place was really hard to find in the dark- the GPS navigator couldn't even find the road it was on, and the roads around the airport were not that well lit. A little more signage would be helpful. 2)There wasn't much food available late at night when we arrived hungry and jet-lagged. Fortunately, it is walking distance to another motel right next door which had a little restaurant and bar. We got the best of both worlds by eating supper there and eating the free breakfast at our motel in the AM.

Liked: The staff, especially the nice breakfast lady who was patient when I didn't know how to use the pancake maker and ended up with pancakes all over the counter. The breakfast was an OK motel breakfast with enough choices to keep most people happy. I also liked the friendly shuttle driver who seemed genuinely interested in where his passengers had come from and where they were going.

I would definitely stay at this property again if I pass through the Halifax airport again.

Room Tip: The whole place seemed pretty quiet, though judging from the parking lot it appeared to be full.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HIEHFXManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you trvlwhenican for your kind comments. I was glad to hear that you had a confortable stay overall. Signage and lighting is always a challenge around a remote airport like ours and becasue we are only 4 years old, some GPS units require updating of their programs. Holiday Inn Express Hotels do not have a restaurant as part of their overall concept and service so I am glad to hear that you found suitable services at our sister hotel across the parking lot from us.
I hope your travels will find you back to visit us again soon!
John
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Quality Inn Halifax Airport
ALT Hotel Halifax Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport
Inn on the Lake
Inn on the Lake
#1 of 1 in Fall River
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Halifax-Bedford
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport? Share your experiences!