$129
$141
$119
Esquire Motel(Bedford)
$73
All reviewsnext doorbreakfast roomhalifax airportcookiescinnamon rollspancake machineyogurtparking lotshuttle servicepark flyfree shuttleincluded breakfastnext morningbeds were comfortablenova scotiacape bretonfive minutes
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I required basic accommodation during an overnight in Halifax. The transfer from the hotel was fast and friendly. Check-in was efficient and also friendly, but took a turn for the better as I was upgraded to a suite room with a jacuzzi tub situated in the living quarters. I was able to watch game six of the Stanley Cup playoffs on a flat panel TV from the jacuzzi tub. The room was very extremely clean and the breakfast the next day ideal.
One nice feature was the selection of pillow types as indicated on the pillow case (In my "case", I had two soft, one firm and one fluffy rather small pillows). However, I found the bed a bit hard and uncomfortable. I did have to leave the property for supper which was available at an adjacent hotel.
Presented the opportunity for an overnight stay at the Halifax airport area in the future, I would have no hesitance in staying or reommending this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Request
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Notam
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This is a fairly new property, about five minutes drive from the Halifax International Airport - I had dropped some friends off at the airport, and rather than go back downtown, I decided to stay at the Holiday Inn, and I am glad I did. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable, and there was a fairly wide choice of breakfast foods in the morning.Cost was more than resonable, and the staff very pleasant.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face the airport approach
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2011

My wife and I often stay at this hotel when we fly in and out of Halifax Int. Aiport. The hotel is just a short drive away and there is a free shuttle service. The building is new and modern and the rooms are clean. Will likely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2011

We had previously looked at this hotel but decided the staff at the neighboring Hilton Garden Inn were friendlier, however this time the staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful so we decided to give them a second chance.
The room itself was very nice, large and extremely clean. It was well appointed with nice decor and clean furnishings. There was noise from the corridors, especially doors banging, and the breakfast had a very basic selection.
However the real problems were the high polyester / nylon content sheets and the air conditioning unit which kept switching itself off - the combination of which resulted in a very poor nights sleep.
Also $200 for a room near Halifax airport which is at least 30min from the center of town seems very steep.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 4states
Reviewed February 7, 2011

We (my husband and two sons, aged 10 & 12) stayed at this hotel Jan 26 - 29, 2011. We were originally booked in for two nights, but because of an impending snow storm, we went over the evening before (from PEI where if the Confederation Bridge closes, there is no other driving option to get off the Island). We were checked in very quickly (my husband is a Priority Club member) and were given a suite on the 6th floor (we had booked a double room and were upgraded).
The parking lot was full (some vehicles I'm assuming were there for the Hotel's Park n Stay promotion) but the hotel was very quiet. There were international students staying there, awaiting their flights out to their home countries, but we didn't hear them at all.
The free breakfast was delicious and filling. There was never a line up on any of the three mornings that we went down (different times each morning) and the food trays were refilled promptly.
There was coffee / tea / hot chocolate available all day, and there were delicious cookies available in the lobby from about 6:00 onwards in the evening (which prompted a walk downstairs by the boys nightly).
We came and went quite often to doctor's appointments, hockey games and for meals often and had no problem finding cleaned out parking spots (as I mentioned above, there had been a snow storm).
One evening we had a plugged toilet and within 3 minutes of calling the front desk, a gentleman in a suit was up to unclog it.
The kids used the pool and the exercise room and on all but one occasion, we had the facilities to ourselves.
All in all, an excellent hotel for service, offerings, and value.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family