“Overlooking the Bay”

The Galley Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse, International, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: WE ARE NOW CLOSED FOR THE SEASON, RE-OPENING MAY 13, 2016 However, we are open any time for private events and parties with prior reservation all year round. Serving fresh seafood, pasta and steak on the water in beautiful and scenic Chester, Nova Scotia. We are located on the South Shore Marine property. Sixty percent of our menu is available gluten-free. We have a 60 seat dining room, 50 seat lounge and 50 seat deck which can be reserved for your private event or function. Fixed price menus to meet any budget are available! We have plenty of parking and moorings available. We are happy to accommodate tour buses and large groups.
Reviewed June 14, 2014

This was a first-time visit for me. The view was breathtaking!
Food was delicious...
A little pricey, but so worth it for lobster!
I have been living in Chester for near 2 years, and just discovered this gem!
Better signage and advertising may help.

There are newer reviews for The Galley Restaurant & Lounge

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Very nice experience to eat 1 lb of lobster while looking at the bay and the warf. Excellent taste at a reasonable price. Good service.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I didn't know about this place until my wife suggested we stop by for lunch. Down a small road, so it's kind of off the beaten path, to the shore of the marina and into an old mariner's house we went. Not busy on this cloudy day, but the outside patio looks fantastic as it overlooks the bay and I can't wait for a sunny day to stop in again. Inside is nice and historic too. My wife had the lobster wrap which she said was one of the best ever and I had the burger (pretty great too). Service was friendly and knowledgable from Joe who was happy to answer all questions regarding the area and we hope to see him again as we will surely return!!

1  Thank Bernie M
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Last year when we went I had the best lobster chowder I have ever tasted..we were so excited to go back and sample more ..well what a disappointment.The lobster was tough, the vegetables were too crispy for a chowder,and the taste just wasn't there.The waitress told me they have a new cook..too bad..they should try and get the old cook back as he did it really well.The carpet in the dining room was absolutely disgustingly dirty.Needs a good clean.Our waitress was great though.

Ben W, Owner at The Galley Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Hello,
Thank you for your valued feedback. We're sorry to hear that your lobster chowder did not meet expectations. Our goal is to be the lobster restaurant on the South Shore of Nova Scotia and your feedback will help us in working towards that goal.
As a sign of our appreciation and our desire to keep you coming back to The Galley, we'd like to extend an offer for a free appetizer the next time you are in. Please advise your server when you arrive of this offer of appreciation made via TripAdvisor. If there are any issues, please have the manager on duty call Ben at 902-980-0989 to confirm the offer.
Thanks again,
Ben

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I haven't eaten here in awhile and we drove by and decided to stop for lunch and it was fantastic! It's a really gorgeous place, the view is beautiful and we had superb service from Joe. My husband had the burger which was a top notch beef burger with bacon and cheese and I had the hot lobster sandwich. Both were outstanding but the lobster sandwich was the best I have ever eaten anywhere. They have some really wonderful options to add lobster portions to your meal with different sizes to accomodate everyone. The menu and wine lists are extensive enough to satisfy any palate and we can't wait to come back on a warmer sunny day to sit outside and really enjoy the unique location.