“Great lunch”

The Fo'c'sle
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

My recent lunch at the tavern was great. Prompt service, great food and decent value. Servers knew the regulars by name and made us newbies feel welcomed. Generous pours of the draught beer helped too!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Nice pub and restaurant, enough choices on the menu, the grilled shrimp and scallops were very tasty and the plate was nicely decorated. We were a bit surprised about the price charged for a small glass of simple white wine. We enjoyed the restaurant though.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

The pub was good value. Typical pub food.Staff were helpful and attentive. It was burger night so we chose what we thought was a healthy fish burger.The fish burgers could have done with some fish in them , there was hardly any fish in the burger. The fries were somewhat overcooked not good. If you needed a quick cheap meal it did the job.
As for the apple dessert this was excellent. The toffee crisp was nice. Extremely good value and also plenty for two unless you felt really greedy.

The good thing was that it was quizz night which diverted our attention from the rather mediocre meal.

1  Thank MandMBisley
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Fun atmosphere. Good, varied menu. Trivia night is fun. Service usually good unless she is busy. Good beer selection

Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I stopped in at the Focsle Tavern for an early supper on my way home to Lunenburg. There are two main areas and being alone I chose the tavern in the back. The front room has table cloths.

The server was welcoming and friendly and provided quick service ... But of course I was the only one in the room for the first half hour. I ordered fish and chips since I am still looking for the perfect f&c spot on the South Shore. I think this might be one of the top two I have had ever since the chef who made perfect f&c at the Lunenburg Arms left 3 years ago. The haddock was flaky and the chips home cut. The breading was not too doughy (the main failure of most, in my opinion). The single piece portion was very large and there were plenty of fries. As I write this review I am definitely full. With a small beer, tax and tip it was under $20.

1  Thank Compuvideo