“Gourmet Dining in the Village of Chester , Nova Scotia”
Review of Nicki's Inn Chester - CLOSED

Nicki's Inn Chester
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2014

My wife and I were pleasantly surprised to find this oasis in the small seaside town of Chester . Gourmet dining and excellent service in a white table cloth environment - WOW ! The menu features a number of local 'fresh' seafood choices, a rack of lamb that I guarantee will compete favourably with anything you will find in New York or Toronto and a beef tenderloin to die for . The staff are all very well trained - you are never looking for someone to serve you or to top up your water or wine glass . Not to be missed is the fact they make a wicked vodka martini . Nicki herself is the chef-owner and clearly takes great pride in the quality of her food and the service being provided . She was in the dining room frequently , checking with her customers to insure all were enjoying their experience . Definitely worth the price and a must experience for anyone visiting this Village .

There are newer reviews for Nicki's Inn Chester

Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful dinner at Nikki's. He had veal piccata, I had seared scallops on ratatouille (perfect for those watching carbs!), and we both enjoyed our meals. All the waitresses were adorable, and Nikki herself is a powerhouse of energy and goodwill. Why no fifth star? The wine-by-the-glass list could use some tweaking...

1  Thank Nancy-the-reader
Reviewed March 20, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Inn as well as eating here on a number of occasions. We have moved to the Chester area over a year ago and very much enjoy going here to eat ! !

1  Thank gannonmarion
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Had a lovely evening at Nicki's - very upscale for Chester.. but with the Haven show staff visiting here all the time.. tables full most nights when open it seems..

Unfortunately, though found the food just OK.. for the price we were charged. I was expecting more... perhaps it was what we selected? The wait staff are very nice though and attentive. Chatted with Nicki - who is lovely. Would I go back - probably not... I would try other restaurants first to compare.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at Nicki's.

The service was top notch - right from the greeting at the door to the goodbyes.

The food was fantastic - For small plates we had a beet salad and a prosciutto wrapped melon. For large plates we had the chicken and a special - maple salmon. For deserts we had the pavolva and a chocolate pot.

All the food was top notch with fresh ingredients and lots of flavor.

Chester is a leisurely 45 drive from Halifax so it makes a nice trip to drive down for dinner.

I understand that they do a great Sunday brunch, that will be our next trip!

I highly recommend Nicki's.

1  Thank Seafoodtraveler