“Posh, delicious” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Normaway Inn & Cabins

Normaway Inn & Cabins
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
St. Stephen, Canada
“Posh, delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

The fresh and local ingredients were cooked to perfection. The menu was inventive and all the samplings I had were flavourful and lovely.

THe vegetables are fresh from their own gardens on property. The dining room is quaint but the food certainly is not. Just delicious, paired with Nova Scotia wines and a great view.

Visited October 2012

Cape Breton Island, Canada
“Exceptional!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

We took our 10 year old daughter for an overnight visit to the Normaway. After collecting my husband in Baddeck following his week long business trip in Halifax - this was just what was ordered. Peaceful, comfortable surroundings, and a wonderful supper began our stay. After supper we were entertained by Howie MacDonald and had a great game of chess in the main lodge. Later we put a fire on in the cabin, relaxed on the screened in porch swing and told stories of our week....This continued to include past times, old memories and great friends...We then retired comfortably to sleep for the night. Breakfast was another gastronomic delight. It was served by a courteous and vivacious young lady. We were able to spend some time with Normaway's owner Dave MacDonald who made sure everything was just as we needed. ... Next time I stay long enough to fly fish for those wonderful salmon in your Margaree River! Go raibh míle maith agat, a chara.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank lulu217
Dartmouth, Canada
“a nights stay and a lovely dinner.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

After spending a whole day driving we were thrilled to arrive and realize we had a beautiful cottage and could dine right on site! We checked in and relaxed and then walked off to dinner. I had the three course meal and loved every bite. It was a higher end meal but once i realized a full hot breakfast was included it made it very worthwhile. After dinner we relaxed on our deck and listened to the music coming from the barn. It was a wonderful experience the staff was helpful and friendly. My only concern is seeing one of the ladies working the desk with tears in her eyes after one of the men in charge gave her a hard time. My thoughts no one should cry at work especially not at the hands of their employer.

1 Thank oliver_lea
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
“Amazing Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

We had a great meal here. I had salmon and it melted in my mouth! My mom had a steak that was delicious as well. We highly recommend it!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Travelreview21533
Greenfield, New Hampshire
“Good food but pricey -- go for the music!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

We had a nice meal prior to one of the Inn's well-known music nights, this one in the Living Room with fiddler Rachel Davis. The chef is obviously gifted and the waitress was attentive and friendly, we just found the prices too high. A meal for two, with one glass of wine for my wife, plus tip topped $100, including dessert and soup.
The music makes it worthwhile, particularly the night before, when we went to the Barn for a three-fiddler concert and then a square dance, all top-notch for a very nominal fee.
Many of our fellow diners were staying at the cabins and didn't mind just signing to add the bill to their room charges, but for a one-shot diner, it was a bit bracing.
It's an expensive place to run, so I guess we were just doing our part. And if that's what it takes to keep a great music venue alive, then I'm OK with that,,,,

• Visited July 2011