“Comfortable and delicious family dining!”

The Mull Cafe & Deli
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Mabou
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The food here is always excellent. I especially recommend their potato skins, pasta primavera, and their pan fried or deep fried fish.
It is comfortable family dining at a reasonable price and delicious.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The fish is cooked properly, the salads are crisp, the veggies are rather uninspired but there are lots. The desserts are good and atmosphere is log cottage like with local music piped in the background. Eaten here many times, never a bad experience. There is something for everyone.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were in town for several days and ate here a couple of times. The food portions were pretty good and we had no complaints. Nothing moves fast in this town so if you are from a large busy city then you need to get acclimated with island time.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

The service at The Mull is possibly the worst I've ever had. We sat in the crowded take-out area watching table after table become vacant, only to sit loaded with dirty dishes for 15-20 minutes while the wait staff looked at pictures on each others' iPhones. If we had been anywhere other than Mabou, we'd had left. But without other options nearby, we waited 40 minutes for a table, only to have the party behind us served ahead of us.

So why don't I hate The Mull? Because the food, when we finally got it, was outstanding. The only place I've ever had sole that good was on the dockside in north Germany. My husband's scallops were the best meal he had on our two-week trip. The food was so good we even considered coming back the next night!

I'm not sure how to manage a Mull meal. Even going late doesn't help much. The couple two behind us didn't get seated until after 8:30, even though by then the room was virtually empty of diners, with six vacant tables no one could bother to bus.

Just don't come when you are already hungry. I actually spoiled my meal by asking for bread when we sat down--by then I was starving! As a result, I couldn't finish my delicious fish.

1  Thank DEtraveler
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I've been 3 times now and all 3 times were less than good. This last time, they were out of most everything on the menu (and this was at 6:00) and very poor service. The girls that work there work very hard but there is not enough staff to keep up. They all seemed very frustrated.

David M, Manager at The Mull Cafe & Deli, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Sorry for you're experience. If it was the day I think you're referring to we had a much busier weekend then we were expecting and since we are in an isolated area it's hard to get food supplies when we run out.