“Cute & Friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bellemeade Farm Shoppe

Bellemeade Farm Shoppe
Ranked #9 of 13 things to do in Mabou
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in Mabou, Nova Scotia, on the rugged west coast of Cape Breton Island. Our flock of sheep is shorn once a year in the spring and their wool is transformed into a variety of unique, handmade products! Our shoppe retails sheepskin products, hand-dyed yarn, and knitting supplies, as well as handwoven items and handcrafted knitwear crafted in our tiny textile studio above the store.
Boucherville, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Cute & Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

Stopped late Sunday and was still served as the first guest of the day! Kate was super friendly and went out of her way to stuff my bag/gift on the spot. Quaint farm and VERY well indicated with signs, this stop was worth the few kms to find it. Beautiful rovings and knitted items (blankets, socks, hats, mitts...) you can tell that they take pride in their work. A must stop!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Kalythe

Georgetown, Canada
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Beautiful Wools”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

I went to this farm on a trip to Nova Scotia and bought some beautiful hand-dyed yarn in a variety of colours. When I went home, I was able to knit a great blanket made up of different patterned squares (see picture). I decided I wanted to expand my blanket and was able to order more yarns through the shop's website. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful and I highly recommend for those who are looking for some great wool to work with or unique handmade items. Check out their website at http://www.bellemeadefarm.ca/

Visited June 2013