“Great Food, Great Service”

Glenora Inn and Distillery
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Mabou
Cincinnati
“Great Food, Great Service”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We came here on a Friday night, and we ate in the formal dining room. The menu was a pit pricey, but very good!

I started with the scallops- amazing! The pork chop entree was a little dry, but the flavor was great. I am unfortunately not a whiskey drinker, so I did not try their house distilled single malt, but my husband said it was good.

I'd come back again to hear some of the music I've heard so much about. Our waiter was nice enough to tell me that they play live fiddle and piano music in the pub. Apparently it is very popular, but we didn't stay long enough for it to start (at eight apparently).

Visited April 2013

London
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Not worth the effort”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We thought it would be a good idea to pop in to the visitors centre at the distillery to see what the gift shop had to offer.We hadn't planned to do the tour but could have been persuaded however on entering the shop we were not acknowledged in any way. We were the only customers in the shop and the lady behind the counter completely ignored us! As it was quite a drive to get there it was disappointing to say least. This is the first time in our two weeks in Nova Scotia that we have experienced this as normally everyone is so friendly....maybe she was just having a bad day. We also found the things for sale in the shop uninspiring and over-priced. Overall this was a disappointing experience.

Visited June 2013
Halifax, Canada
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Best single malt scotch in North America!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This is one of my favourite places on Cape Breton Island. It is a wonderful distillery and also have a great restaurant. Go on the tour and taste test all their wares. You will not be disappointed. Since your in the area...you might as well take a tour around the world famous Cabot Trail.

Visited July 2012
Halifax
“Beautiful”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This place is gorgeous, had a wonderful time when visiting. Friendly people, very welcoming. Neat place to check out for sure.

Visited August 2012
Zurich, Switzerland
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Nice to stretch one's leg”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This first Canadian Single Malt Distillery is just right to stretch one's leg or for a Whisk(e)y Newbie. They produce a nice Single Malt whisk(e)y in a wonderful area.It looks like in a museum, but it is the production site.
After the short tour (20 minutes) we received a tiny sample of the 10 years old Whisk(e)y. For the price we paid for the tour I had expected some more free samples.

Visited October 2012