“Very disappointed!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We had company visiting from Manitoba and as they love the Rankins Music I thought this would be a great treat for all of us to have lunch at The Red Shoe Pub on our way to do the Cabot Trail. First it was extremely hot and stuffy in the pub, very uncomfortable, I asked if there had AC or some sort of way cool off and was told no. They had very useless slow moving ceiling fans that were at best inadequate.

We waited 45 minutes for our food which seemed long as there were only 4 other tables there. I then made a mistake ( my own fault) ordered a dish that was much too spicey for me. I believe it was called pulled pork sweet potatoes fries. It was extremely hot shredded pork on a small bed of fries. I tried one small bite of the pork and realized how spicy it was. I asked the waitress to take it away. I told the waitress I would pay for it as it was own fault for not asking first about the level of spice. So I asked for a Red Shoe clubhose sandwich which took another 30 mins to get. The food was ok, but not great for the price you pay or how long you have wait.

We were not offered water refills in spite of how hot it was. Got the bill and my returned item was on it with both taxes included. Again my fault!
Not a good experience and won't go back again.
The Rankins are wonderful musicians and I love their music and have bought lots of it and attended many concerts but their Red Shoe Pub not worth the stop.

My out of company were not impressed!

1  Thank ace6
There are newer reviews for The Red Shoe Pub

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have eaten here a number of time over the past few years. The food is always good and especially the fish and chips with the homemade tartar sauce that it great for dipping some sweet potato fries. The chowder, pair of shoes and red shoe burger are also good choices. Staff are friendly and service was great.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Great local place with live music. I really enjoyed my steak sandwich and chili. Service was fast and friendly.

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We ate on the deck so we could talk. Meal a bit slow but the restaurant was full and waitress pleasant. We would return.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

While travelling with my mother and daughter through Cape Breton we made sure The Red Shoe Pub was one of our stops after reading about it online. What a great night!!! I had the mussels which were to die for, delicious and beautiful presentation with the Chocolate Date Sticky Pudding for Desert, huge portion and again absolutely delicious! Both my mother and daughter enjoyed their meals and deserts as much as I did. Wonderful entertainment, fantastic music and the icing on the cake I'd have to say was watching and listening to Gerry play the spoons!!!! It was a Monday and the pub filled up fast but worth the stop for sure!!!