“Beautiful quiet setting; friendly, helpful hostess” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn at Glendyer

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mabou
Inn at Glendyer
Ranked #3 of 7 Mabou B&B and Inns
Edmonton, Canada
“Beautiful quiet setting; friendly, helpful hostess”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2009

Good B&B. Very nice restored country home, a beautiful treed yard with a creek flowing through it only meters from the house. The hostess was very friendly, helpful and she made a great full breakfast in the morning. Close to Mabou if Celtic entertainment is your pleasure. Great place to get away for a few days.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Halifax, NS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2009

Great location, wonderful hostess, outdoor hot tub and very good breakfast of choice!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Castlegar, B.C.,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2009

Fabulous is the best description. The hostess is great. The service is superb. The bath tubs are incredible. The breakfast is second to none. Simpy put, it was one of the best B and B's we stayed at during our trip to the maritimes. We loved it. The back yard labrynth is really something to see and she made it herself. What a great person with a beautiful place.

Ocala, Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2009

The beauty and charm of the Inn is felt as soon as you enter the kitchen, and get greeted by Henry... the farmhouse captures your imagination as you go from room to room, experiencing a warming sense of calm and peace.. Jill has created a haven for travelers seeking a wonderful location, out of town, but minutes from Mabou...the rooms are very "country elegant" with modern amenities...the morning meal is "homemade" and fulfilling... It is not if I will be back, it is when I will be back...

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2009

It was my mom’s first B&B experience and our second. After driving off of the paved Hwy 19 and Hwy 252, Smithville Road is unpaved and the inn is in a sparsely populated area where a train used to run through. So my mom was a bit apprehensive after we parked our car beside the inn and told her that’s where we were staying. It turns out that we didn’t have to worry as we had a great experience at the Inn at Glendyer. First of all, the 3 of us were supposed to have the room with an adjoining room that had a twin bed. But because we were the only guests (at the time of check in), Jill offered 2 separate rooms each with ensuite bathrooms to us for the same price. Second, we liked what we saw in the bedrooms and bathrooms. They were very clean, the bedrooms were a good size and my mom’s room had a sitting area where she could watch tv. The bathrooms had Kohler sinks and very modern bathtubs. It was cleaner and newer than some city hotels I’ve stayed at. It was definitely a welcome sight – comfortable and warm, like home, so much so that my mom decided to put her feet up at the Inn while my husband and I explored the area.
Jill also made several recommendations in answer to our questions and we ended up choosing 2 that I think are hidden gems like her Inn:
1. West Mabou Beach – has a long flat shore with powdery sand. There was hardly anyone there and my husband and I walked from one end of it to the other. It is now one of my fondest memories of our 2-week trip through New Brunswick, PEI and Nova Scotia.
2. Glenora Inn and Distillery – Jill had recommended this for dinner as they had good food plus a fiddle player and a piano player. Now, I had researched the sights for our 2 week trip and thought that Mabou would just be a stopover and when Jill recommended Glenora Inn and Distillery, we expected something more like a pub with a microbrewery (and we don’t go to pubs unless there’s no other choice). What we found was something close to what you’d expect for a city like Toronto. The inn has a mountain for a backdrop, its grounds and the interior of the restaurant are beautiful. And the food was good.

So I don’t normally gush in these reviews but we had a wonderful day/night at Mabou and the Inn at Glendyer. My mom had a wonderful night’s sleep, Jill is a great host and we had a lovely breakfast buffet (fruits, yogurt, apple-french toast, extra bread). People probably drive through Mabou/Glendyer on their way up/down the Cabot Trail but I will now highly recommend all 3 places to friends and anyone who asks. Thanks, Jill.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank sunflowii
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2009

The Inn at Glendyer was one of our favorite B&B's on this trip. The area is beautiful and the Inn is a short drive off the main road. It is very close to Glenora Distillery and the Red Shoe Pub. We stayed in Room number 4 and it was nicely decorated and the bathroom was spacious. We had a restful sleep and enjoyed walking in her garden area. Jill is a wonderful hostess and cooks a delicious buffet-style breakfast. We were offered fresh fruit, yogurt, egg/potato casserole, bacon and toast. We enjoyed our conversation with the other guests and Jill was happy to provide input on what to see in the area. I highly recommend this Inn. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Conwy.North Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2009

I can highly recommend the Inn at Glendyer. We have travelled the world and found Jill one of the most welcoming hosts ever, she really does make you feel welcome.
The inn is truly home from home, very comfortable, and great location, a short drive down an off the road track, a beautiful breakfast table is laid before you, Jill invites you into her kitchen, [ the most homeliest kitchen I have ever seen ] to help yourself to her excellent home cooking.
If I ever return to this area I would love to stay there again. One of the best B&B's ever.
joana

• Stayed September 2009
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mabou
Seascape Coastal Retreat
#1 of 3 in Ingonish
Cornerstone Motel
Cornerstone Motel
#1 of 7 in Cheticamp

Been to Inn at Glendyer? Share your experiences!