“Incredible experience for us”

Lobster Kettle Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Louisbourg
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Largo, Florida
“Incredible experience for us”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

My traveling partners and I had dinner here around 6, after enjoying the Lighthouse, beach and some of the Fortress. We had about two hours to casually have dinner before going nearby to the playhouse for a concert, and enjoyed sitting out on the deck as the weather was perfect and arrived at a good time before it was busy. I had the fish and chips which were the best I have had in Canada thus far on our week holiday, and my friends had the lobster and snow crab and report it was "TOP NOTCH!!" Service was average, but found the owner to be friendly and welcoming. The location right on the water is incredible. You can't go wrong with this place as far as I am concerned for location, price, and fresh seafood. Thought they had a good variety on the menu. Could use more outdoor seating, but amble inside with same water views. Would come back again for sure!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Dwight D

Lethbridge, Canada
“Lobster roll sandwich was not great ...”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

We made a point of having a lobster sandwich just about every day for lunch in just over two weeks in Nova Scotia. The one at the Lobster Kettle just didn't have any flavor ... almost like the lobster was not cooked in salt water. Service was okay.

1 Thank jovela
Scituate, Massachusetts
“Lobster Kettle”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Move along to somewhere else. Mediocre food and service....nothing special here! I had the scallops and they came in a cream sauce that was tasteless; more like paste!

Burnaby, Canada
“Seafood with a view!”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Our party of 6 had a great time at this seafood restaurant. We sat outside on the deck after a day at the Fort. From the deck we had a beautiful view of the harbour and the Fort. My wife had the snow crab and it was delicious. There were some great choices for my kids and the prices were very reasonable. The service was excellent and the staff were very friendly. We were glad we chose the Lobster Kettle.

• Visited August 2014
Wilmington, DE
“OK But Hope There Isn't A Bus”
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Stopped there for lunch at noon and we were first ones there. My wife ordered the lobster sandwich and she said it was really good. I ordered fish and chips which were pretty good. The issue was that a tour bus came in at which point they kind of forgot we were there. The manager sure didn't notice as I fiddled with my wallet waiting for a bill.

1 Thank RickfromDE