“order the seafood!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Basic but fresh decor. Great seafood, order the lobster when it is a available.. Food is simplu but well prepared,Prices are great and seafood very tasty. What more could you want? Nice place to chat over a meal. Large windows look out to the harbour and there is a patio in the back.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I had the halibut steak and my husband had the scallops (12). We visited on a very hot evening and ate out on the deck at the back with our friends. One of our friends meals was forgotten but they compensated by giving him a bowl of chowder to get on with free of charge! Ultimately, being fish, his meal was not much behind ours! Great service.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have been going to the lobster kettle for years now. I thought I'd share a quick review of why it calls me back summer after summer. My family and I have been coming here for years, and it has everything to do with the view, the staff, and most importantly, the food. The seafood is easily the best I've ever had in my life. It is prepared wonderfully, from the fried clams, to the salmon and lobster dinners. The salad bar is quite unique, with carrot salad and brocolli salad flanked by fresh veggies and dressings. The view....you are RIGHT on the ocean. Literally. You could walk out to the balcony (if you've chosen to eat inside) and jump right into the atlantic ocean. You will see sailboats and fishing vessels motor by, all while being attended to by the professional staff who are always so gracious to have us. This will be a place that I always recommend, and always look forward to going to. There is literally not a single thing I don't love about the lobster kettle. Enjoy the meal!!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently visited Louisbourg and loved the Lobster Kettle! Admittedly, the night we visited there had been some kitchen commotion which left a few tables frustrated, but we showed up after-the-fact and had a great dining experience. Cary (sp?) was our server and was super cool and fun. We just had a great time talking with her and enjoying some fantastic lobster and snow crab...and I went back a few days later for a quiet lunch of their fantastic seafood chowder. There aren't too many options in Louisbourg, but for us tourists, the Lobster Kettle felt like home.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This casual seafood place, right on the water's edge with great views is hopping any night of the week. Our server warned us right up front that they were really busy and we may have a wait for food delivery. Being in no hurry we stayed, and did appreciate the head's up. First round of drinks were served pretty fast and our orders taken. From then on, we did have to chase our server to get refills. Salad bar offered a big selection, but unfortunately they just couldn't keep up with replenishing it, or enough plates. However, we were all very satisfied with our meals! Chowder, salads, clam strips, fish and chips, all delicious and lots of it. There is not much going on in town, so the wait didn't bother us as we enjoyed each other's company and the view.