“Louisbourg Playhouse”

Louisbourg Playhouse
Ranked #3 of 16 things to do in Louisbourg
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a small theatre in the round with an interesting though short history . Very suited to intimate shows. I saw and listened to a Cape Breton based show of songs and dialogue which suited me. The venue I can recommend the production will change and I cannot give any extra info on that. This place did all that I expected very well. To get a five star from me an attraction has to provide something better than I could have expected. If I was in the area again I would return for another show.

All reviews
in 21 reviews
"comedy"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Playhouse is small and intimate. Every seat is good. This particular show was very entertaining. All of the members were miners at one time. I'm guessing, but the age range is from around 50 to 80+. Very skilled director and musicians (electric piano, guitar, drums, etc.)

1  Thank Hezmom
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We saw its getting dark again. Fantastic. A definite see. Great skits instrument playing and wonderful singing. We really enjoyed it. Too even add to it free coffee and homemade oatmeal cookies. Yummy

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We came to Louisbourg to see the Fort. This visit to the Playhouse was totally unplanned and absolutely amazing and worth the stop. Shawn MacDonald is an amazing fiddler. He played everything from classical to foot-stomping east coast music. The $18/person admission fee is cheap for the quality of work we enjoyed. The tea and oat cakes at intermission were a nice treat. Anyone who travels to Louisbourg should stop and take in a show here. As an added bit of interest, the playhouse was part of the movie set for a Disney movie filmed at Fort Louisbourg.

2  Thank Janie C