“Terrific place - great value”

Sea Gull Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Ingonish
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I had supper at the Seagull and enjoyed the beautiful view from the outside porch as well as the prompt, friendly service. My wife had the lobster club sandwich and I had the fish & chips. Both were great -- the fish & chips was one of best I've had in the Maritimes, with delicate batter and not greasy. For dessert, we got their last piece of coconut cream pie for the day, which we loved. The prices were reasonable and I would be glad to go back.

2  Thank Tdawson48

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had the seafood chowder and a lobster club sandwich. Wonderful food. The chowder had a rich broth chock full of salmon, cod, etc. The special was a lobster club sandwich, lots of lobster meat, bacon, tomato, lettuce and a little mayo. We cleaned our plates. We sat on the enclosed deck with a great view of the bay, harbor and the headlands. Don't pass up this little gem if you are driving the Cabot Trail.

2  Thank Harry T
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Yep, we had the blue plate special and I'm glad we did. We generally don't order the specials because, well never mind, we just don't. Today we did, along with the Lobster roll on the menu. Both were very good, clean fresh lobster, with a little Mayo and garlic bun for the roll, and bacon (surprise, more bacon), tomato and lettuce along on a traditional club. Again, a reasonable amount of Lobster. Price was $15 each and with the Fries and a dab of cole slaw was good value.
Their cole slaw was good if you like tangy style, and I actually put mine on the lobster roll for a little more moisture and tang, but thats just me. (they could spare a little more cole slaw, it comes in a one ounce cup). Nice view, the place gets a lot of business and the seating and tables show the wear, but the food is great, people are very nice and the place is easy to find.

2  Thank Segmead
Reviewed August 30, 2013

A local gem along the Cabot Trail that offers authentically, delicious and fresh seafood. Fresh lobster is better than anything you would find at Red Lobster or anywhere. The seafood chowder is also a must try.

1  Thank Travelers433
Reviewed August 30, 2013

While the Seagull may look like a place you might just discount and drive by, you would be making a mistake. the building is not fancy but the setting and the food are terrific and a great value for your dollar. My wife order a lobster club which she had never tried before and was pleasantly surprised with the huge chunks of fresh lobster in the sandwich. the view is fantastic as well.