“Great Burgers”

Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Place is mentioned in the Food Network for their hamburgers; and we were not let down. Wife and I had one each of different varieties, and they were both excellent. Fries were great, too. Good was a little slow getting to the table, but it might have been the time of day (4 pm).

There are newer reviews for Coastal Restaurant & Pub

Reviewed August 15, 2014

We tried this spot after seeing it on You Gotta Eat Here. The food was good, service was on the slow side, even though the restaurant was not full. My bf had the Ringer Burger which was featured on the show and it was fabulous. There was no need for additional condiments on this one, it was tasty enough as is, which to me is a sign of a good burger. It made it worth the visit and made up for the slow service. We also had the Coastal Crab Dip which was featured, not the best but it was okay. I had the club sandwich, which was good and prepared the way a traditional club should be (triple decker with turkey, bacon, tomato and lettuce). Despite the slow service I would visit again, food was good enough to wait for...especially if you get the Ringer.

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic find!! Following John Catucci's advice, had the Ringer burger and so glad I did! Great food. & locale! Makes a great pit stop on the way to some gorgeous beaches!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We went on a very busy holiday weekend afternoon. It took some time to even get a waitress, and then a long wait for food. Our waitress apologized after the meal, said the kitchen was overwhelmed by the crowd. But the food was outstanding. The homemade tortilla chips with the Mexican dip were superb. The chicken focaccia sandwich was the best. And the deep fried pickles were also a winner. We would definitely return.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I spend a lot of time in Ingonish and have tried all the restaurants in the area and Coastal is still my favorite. On this occasion, I received great service, our meal was served quickly, the prices were reasonable and the food was delicious. I am a vegetarian and I never have any problems finding something to eat on the menu besides salad. There are many items to choose from. The only thing I noticed about the restaurant that peeves me off at time? On several occasions since last summer, I was turned away due to water problems and had to find somewhere else to eat. This is quite disappointing when this happens because I look forward to eating at Coastal.