“Ok, but not worth the hype”

Coastal Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Ingonish
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We came here after hearing that the restaurant was featured on the Food network. From when we walked through the door, we were not impressed. We were told to sit where we wanted. The service was exceptionally slow. In the hour we were there, we were never offered refills - which surprises me considering we had both ordered alcohol. My husband and I split the mussels - which were just ok. He got fish and chips, and I ordered a salad without the bacon. When our meals eventually came out, there was bacon on my salad. The server actually put it down and asked if that was alright in a way that implied that fixing the mistake would be an inconvenience. My salad took another fifteen minutes to make. The food wasn't bad, and was not overpriced, but the service was very poor. I don't mind waiting for my food, as long as it's worth the wait, but foo goodness sake, at least offer me another glass of wine!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

The meal we had here was very good. The fish was excellent and my grandson enjoyed a great burger with all the trimmings. Prices were reasonable and a good time was had by all.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

the Alfredo pasta was amazing. most expensive item on menu but totally worth it. the burger was also good. Ok service

Reviewed September 14, 2013

The fish cakes and beans are delicious ....best fish cakes I ve ever had ...and huge portions !so,so Good!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stopped here for a meal after a wonderful day driving around the trail. We choose this placed based on the sign we saw that stated the restaurant was featured on the Food Networks "You Gotta Eat Here". Being fans of the show we decided it would be neat to stop in. When we walked in the server did not look up from behind the bar and said take a seat, which we did, she came over dropped off the menus and walked away. After she gossiped with a friend at the bar for almost 10mins, she came back to our table took our drink and meal order. We got our drinks quickly, but then proceeded to wait over 45 minutes for a burger and fries, our fries came out hot, but our burgers were only warm, probably because the waitresses both sat down at a table and ate their own piping hot meals, while the cooks rang the bell in the kitchen. After getting our meal we were never asked how things were and did not see the waitress again until we got our bill. We both had the ringer burger because "that's what made them" but really there was nothing special except it was a hand made patty, with an onion ring and bbq sauce on top. Overall, I wouldn't recommend stopping here, they seem to be relying on their sign and claim to fame of being on the Food Network to draw people in.