“Small but clean ”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Ingonish
Vancouver, Canada
“Small but clean ”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Spent two nights here. The cabins are very basic with minimal amenities ; just two small bars of soap for the bath, salt and pepper for the kitchen (no coffee or tea) but there is a drip coffee maker, toaster microwave, range and bar fridge. Clean and small best describes this place. The photos of the red cabins are either off site or incorrectly uploaded. Nice views of the ocean across the road.

a queen bed, kitchen and bath.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank geovancouver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Älmhult
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I came to the Cabot Trail for a family holiday. We wanted to stay in cottages as we wanted more privacy as we were 4 adults and needed space. We were overwhelmed by the warm greeting we received. I had talked to the owner before our arrival as I wanted to make sure it would suit our needs. My son is a keen hiker and photographer. He is studying biology in university and had wanted to see a lot of wild life. The owner took it upon herself to take photos of things she hadn't encountered before to see if it would be of interest to him. She also was very thorough warning us about the fact they had seen a bear in the area and wanted us to be vigilant during our stay.
We had a sweet cottage with a beautiful, breath taking view of the water. The cottage was well equipped and even had a fireplace and BBQ.
If I had to say one thing negative about the Sea Breeze it would be in the write up it stated there would be toiletries available. However that meant hand soap. So I wasn't prepared with shampoo, etc. But that certainly was easy to rectify as there is a convenience shop 2 km away.
I would recommend the Sea Breeze as great quality for the money. It's close to restaurant/pubs and walking trails. The owner couldn't be kinder!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Rhonda J
Brookline, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed here 2 nights in a tiny room in the motel, which is on the Cabot trail. The room was quite outdated and dingy. The road was noisy and we were awoken during the night from people partying nearby. Luckily, we only stayed 2 nights.

There was no coffee maker in the room for an early morning cup of coffee. There was barely and soap.

I would pass this place up for another one. There's lots of options in this area and places with better customer service and value for your money.

Not Impressed in the least!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank travelztogreatplaces

Travelers are raving about these Ingonish hotels

North Bay, Canada
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We spent 2 nights here with our 6 month old son as a base to explore the Cabot Trail. The room which was in the motel strip was great. New T.V new bed, there was a fridge which is always great to have in your room. Its not the biggest of rooms but it was ok size as well the view from the property was pretty good. Overall we had a good stay here and enjoyed the location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Danny T
Ingonish, Canada
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding, it was close to the location so we thought it would be a good place to stay, but we were wrong. We were over charged for our room, the beds and pillows were rock hard, the room smelled. There wasn't even any shampoo or conditioner in the room! Just a small bar of soap that could only be used once. The silverware was stored in a cabinet under the sink where there was rusty pipes. Not a good place considering there was mouse droppings under the sink as well, so who knows what was on the silverware. And there was dirty dishes in the sink when we arrived. The owners were very rude and not accommodating at all. The way they treat their guests is unbelievable, I was actually shocked at the service. We will NOT be staying there again and I definitely do not recommend staying here. Overall a terrible experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
19 Thank Ivy M
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a cottage, overall it was an okay experience. The cottage was small, and clean, there were 2 rooms with one bed each, and a futon. We had a lovely view, and the location was quiet convenient.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Horselovera
PooleDG, Owner at Sea Breeze Cottages and Motel, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Sea Breeze Cottages.
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I was hired to shoot a wedding in Ingonish and was told to book at sea breeze. When I went to check in the owner/manager wasn't super friendly. She failed to tell us when checkout was and I really didn't think about it till the morning of checkout because I had been so busy with the wedding. We assumed checkout was around 11 but before we could even ask the owner comes knocking at our door, comes in and says "are ya's packing up?" (It was 10:20 at this point) In a very unprofessional tone. It would have been more acceptable to just say "I'm just letting you guys know checkout is at 10:30" instead she acted like she just wanted rid of us. Prior to booking I was unsure of how many people were staying, and the day we checked in there was only two people. We were told that if there was a third person we would be charged more. It seemed weird to me that I would be getting charged extra for a room that already holds 4 people. Most hotels/motels only charge extra when there are more than 3 peopple or more people than the cabin can hold. It turned out that two extra people had to crash and we were unaware of this till later in the night. After she barged in our room we frantically gathered our belongings so we wouldn't be charged extra. While packing our car the owner stood at the office watching us pack. I felt very uncomfortable and again thought she was very unprofessional. When I returned the keys she waved her finger in my face and told me she didn't appreciate "you people" ripping her off. If you ask me she's the one ripping people off, not only with her sour attitude but her awful accommodations. The room looked like it was from a horror movie, everything was old and outdated and we were paying 5 star rates. When we called the desk to ask for more towels we were also told we would have to walk up to get them... Really? The wedding was also held on this property and when it got late she told us the cops were coming... Did I mention this was a dry wedding? Yes people were loud and having a good time but she Should know this prior to having a wedding take place on her property. It's sad that she can even get away with being so rude, probably because half of her guests aren't from here. Well I am, and ill be sure to tell everyone to spend their money elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank bmacleudy
PooleDG, Owner at Sea Breeze Cottages and Motel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
I'm sorry the cottage you were in with new beds, bedding and refrigerator didn't meet your approval. The tv was older but has since been replaced.
Your did receive a knock on your door at 10:20 and the owner was told to come in, (no one "barged in") and were asked "if you were packing as check-out was 10:30. We do remind people at check-in of our check-out time in case the don't read the sign or the receipt.
When you checked in you said there was two people and charged accordingly. Even though you had four people in the room you were not charged for the extra two.
Our base priced are all based on double occupancy (like most places in the area) instead of max occupancy to make the accommodations more affordable for couples or two singles travelling together.
It was a member of the wedding party that shut down the DJ and told people to leave, not us or our staff. She told us in the morning that she shut it down because people were making a mess and being disrespectful. We were no where near the wedding reception after 6 pm.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ingonish
Seascape Coastal Retreat
#1 of 4 in Ingonish
Lantern Hill & Hollow
Lantern Hill & Hollow
#1 of 7 in Ingonish

Been to Sea Breeze Cottages and Motel? Share your experiences!