All reviews the cottages every afternoon hot tub seafood appetizer nova scotia cape breton cabot trail picnic lunch bacon wrapped scallops dining room rocky beach keltic lodge crackers picture window french toast gas grill course dinner
Reviewed September 10, 2018

Where to begin... this place is amazing.
I was indecisive about where to stay while we explored CBI, but I am SO incredibly happy we chose to stay here.
I LOVED that is was adults only, it gave my partner and I an opportunity to sit outside in the afternoons, have a glass of wine and enjoy the quiet.
The food was UNREAL. The breakfasts were fresh and were easily the best we had all trip. The afternoon snacks were pretty much a meal, were made fresh daily and they were unbelievably delicious. My partner has a seafood allergy and they totally accommodated him, cooking us different 'hors devours' then the other cabins everyday, which we so greatly appreciated. I can't rant enough about how good all the food was!
The cabins were adorable and private and perfectly set up so you weren't overlooking anyone else's cabin. The inside was clean, spacious, well set up and had everything you'd need to even cook your own meals. The balconies were great and had a BBQ.
Julie and Rod own this place together and I cannot rant enough about how gorgeous they both are... for me, especially when I travel, there are so many things that make me happy or excited... whether it's checking out a new place, trying food, loving the scenery... but more then anything, it's the people you come across that make an impact. Julie and Rod welcomed us with kind, genuine smiles and were there to give us heaps of amazing advice on places to check out that weren't necessarily as touristy as others. They always made time for us and made us feel so welcome.
We were so sad to leave our little cabin and we will forever remember our time there!

Thank you so much Julie and Rod, you guys are both beautiful people and if we ever come back to CBI, you'll be hearing from Jake and I for sure!!

Room Tip: every cabin has oceanfront views and they are all beach accessible!
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katie C
Reviewed September 5, 2018

Clean, private and perfect. The surprise seafood treat delivered late afternoon daily was what makes this an over the top experience. The view and grounds were what we were looking for and the staff engages you with just enough interaction.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shawn M
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

The Seascape Coastal Retreat is a wonderful place to stay in Ingonish. The cottages are spotless and nicely appointed. The beds are very comfortable. The evenings, quiet. The views, just beautiful. The breakfasts exceed expectations. But the hors d'oeuvres are to die for. First night: shrimp cocktail and barbequed shrimp. Second night, smoked salmon, salmon sashimi, salmon with fresh dill. Five Stars!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sean B
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

We loved our stay (Cabin 7) here in Ingonish for 4 nights! We hiked trails from here to Cheticamp but the most memorable hike was to Mary Ann Falls were we got engaged ❤️. Lovely little cottages along the coast, tasty breakfasts each morning and a special seafood appetizer every day around 5:00 that we couldn’t wait to get back to after long days of hiking. Very nice here, we highly recommend Seascape Coastal Retreat as a charming place to stay during your time in Ingonish.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

These cottages are in the perfect location for visiting this area of Cape Breton National Park. They are all located on a beautiful cove and have ocean views. Our cottage, #4, was spotless, beautifully decorated, had air conditioning, with a beautiful, comfortable queen bed, and a great kitchenette. All of the finishes were beautiful. There is a gas grill at every cabin, a nice front deck for enjoying the ocean views in provided chairs, and a nice quiet/calm in the air. Breakfast is included and served from 8-9am, it’s delicious! There is an “evening seafood” snack delivered to each cabin between 4-5pm daily. I have a severe shellfish allergy so, seafood is not an option. No worries! The “chef” created a seafood-free treat for us both days. The owners are just delightful and so knowledgeable about the area. We loved this retreat and highly recommend it.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple