When we checked in, the rates seemed very high, but we were tired and agreed on staying. Upon meeting some other families who were staying at Seascape, we found out that we had been charged almost double what everyone else was paying. We were very upset and hurt that we had been taken advantage of, and decided to go speak with the owner. The first time, the staff said that we "could ask any of the other guests, they must not have been telling the truth, we would never charge completely different rates." Well, we did speak with other guests, and it was true, they were charging completely different rates.
We travel with a service dog, who is licensed by Assistance Dogs International, and allowed into all facilities.
We spoke to the owner about lowering the rates again, and he agreed. He was extremely defensive and rude, and threatened to make us leave because his housekeeper had found dog hair in the unit. Not only is this a violation of human rights, it seemed wrong. He stormed off after lowering the rate saying "I'd better not find any dog hair in that unit tomorrow."
Though the views from the property are wonderful, there are places with better views, and better service close-by. The food at Seascape is sub-par and extremely overpriced.
Our trip to Nova Scotia has been wonderful, the people have been fantastic, until we got to Seascape. It is unfortunate that this kind of behavior takes place in the community, as it reflects poorly on Ingonish. When speaking to locals, they all commented on how overpriced Seascape is, and that they had heard many people extremely unhappy with the service.
We would happily return to Ingonish, but will never return to Seascape. If you're traveling to the area, there are other great places to stay. This is not one of them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a full service resort. Suitable for couples. Outdoor Spa and tranquil gardens. Free vacation planning for our guests. Full service restaurant with liquor license ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Seascape Coastal Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seascape Coastal Retreat Hotel Ingonish
- Seascape Coastal Retreat Ingonish, Nova Scotia - Cape Breton Island