We stayed at the Lantern Hill and Hollow August 2009 for 2 nights. All I can say is wow, what a pleasure. The room was huge, spotless and overlooked the bay. The Inn features many small 'cottages' right down by the water, however our room was in the main guesthouse at the top of the hill. You definitely can't go wrong with the main guesthouse. We had our windows open all night with the ocean breeze coming in. What a place.
Sharon (the owner) was the most welcoming, friendly host. She always made a point of ensuring we were enjoying our stay. After traveling Atlantic Canada for 3 weeks we're convinced this is the place to stay out east.
The property is in a perfect location. You can walk down to the beach (see included pics with review) or tour the Cabot trail by car. Ingonish also has a few very good restaurants, with great Italian and local seafood. The pizza shop at the local general store is amazing. We got it to go and sat out on the private patio to watch the sun go down at the Lantern Hill and Hollow.
Long story short you can't go wrong with the Lantern Hill and Hollow!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Steps away from the Atlantic Ocean stands an enchanting beach house with guest bed & bath rooms on a hill overlooking its own kingdom by the sea...A charming seaside village of beachfront guest cottages nestled in the hollow below...All of this is situated on a 6 acre beachfront property-- a picturesque tranquil & secluded park-like setting directly along the famous Cabot Trail in Ingonish, Cape Breton Island, NS. Minutes to amenities, golf, hiking trails, sea adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Lantern Hill & Hollow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lantern Hill And Hollow Hotel Ingonish
- Lantern Hill & Hollow Ingonish, Nova Scotia - Cape Breton Island