“Far more beautiful than expected.”

Cape Breton Highlands National Park
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Ingonish
More attraction details
Owner description: Treasures abound throughout the headlands and rugged cliffs of Cape Breton Highlands with its abundant wildlife, spectacular scenery and human history dating back to the last Ice Age.
Macon, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Far more beautiful than expected.”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband and I visited Cape Breton Fall of 2012 and it was wonderful. I think it is so great to go somewhere and find the visit well exceeds expectations. The drive along the coastline on the Cabot Trail was just breathtaking. We enjoyed it so much, we did it three times. We stayed in Baddeck, NS and found it a lovely little village. Close enough to the Cabot Trail without a problem. We were a little bit before leaves were totally blazing with color but we saw enough to fill our hopes. I've always read about the Cape Breton area over the years and finally this trip was completed and I can't say enough about the beauty. Plus the friendliness of the local people. We have fall in love with the Canadian Maritime provinces and hope to go back soon.

Visited October 2012

• Korean first
Belem, PA
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Breathtaking views”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Cape Breton as a whole was a wonderful surprise for someone like me, a foreigner not used to Canada's touristic points but the worldwide known ones in major cities like Montreal or Ottawa. For not having visual references from the Highlands National Park, it was a chock to see how beautiful it is. In fact, I think it was the most beautiful place I have seen in Canada until now. For those who like nature, it is a must go. You can find good places nearby to sleep and eat at fair prices. Also, every trail is well signed and kept. For me, the only inconvenience is that you cannot find good public transport to get there. You have to have a car.

Visited June 2013
Halifax
535 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 290 helpful votes
“Charge your camera”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

So much to see...and so enchanting. ....did the Trail many times but still am awestruck. My favorite pints of interest are the view in the evening if Keltci Lodge from Ingonish in the evening , Green Bay and Cabot Landing....

Nestleton, Canada
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Beautiful Scenic Views and Trails”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Fabulous scenic views, trails and small independent vendors off the Cabot Trail. Don't limit your tour to just the Cabot Trail!

Bridgewater, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Motorcyclists' Mecca”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Great ride, awesome views, and good seafood! There is a fee for travelling through the National Park, but it pays for park maintenance, and there are great campsites and hiking trails as a result.