My husband and I stayed at the Keltic Lodge for the first time this past weekend and it was great! We stayed in the main lodge and our room had a spectacular view of the surrounding ocean and mountains. The room itself was very comfortable, quiet and extremely clean! While there, we dined at two of the restaurants (Highland Sitting Room and Purple Thistle Dining Room) both of which had great service and delicious food. On Saturday evening we enjoyed some local entertainment in the Highland Sitting Room.
While at the resort we went on a nice hike of the Middle Head Trail. The starting point is only a short walk from the main lodge and ends at the edge of the mountain top with outstanding views all around. Simply gorgeous! We also enjoyed a few refreshing dips in the outdoor heated pool and visited Ingonish Beach (only a short drive from the main lodge).
Overall, we had a great experience at the Keltic Lodge. Unfortunately, with only two days on our hands we didn't have the time to take in all of the other activities that the resort and beautiful National Park have to offer. We hope to return again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This historic Cape Breton resort, Keltic Lodge Resort and Spa, is located in the heart of Cape Breton Highlands National Park overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Just 2 hours from Sydney, NS and a scenic 5 hour drive from Nova Scotia's capital city Halifax, the 100 room resort has been welcoming guests to Cape Breton, Nova Scotia since July 1940. Keltic offers versatility for Cape Breton accommodations with rooms in the Main Lodge, spacious rooms in the Inn at Keltic and cozy two and four bedroom cottages with fireplaces and verandas. The Cape Breton resort is the perfect spot for a Nova Scotia family vacation with recreation facilities on-site or nearby that include a heated outdoor pool, Atlantic Ocean Ingonish Beach, hiking, wilderness trails, lawn games, whale watching, Eminence Spa and boat cruises. Adjacent to the resort is the Cape Breton golf icon, the 18 hole championship Highlands Links Golf Course. The Cape Breton golf course, rich in the Scottish tradition, has been restored to Stanley Thompson's magnificent original design. The Purple Thistle Dining Room and Atlantic Restaurant and Bar overlooking the Atlantic Ocean offer a comfortable dining experience and traditional Maritime menu. The Highland Sitting Room features a pub menu for lunch and dinner and nightly live Celtic entertainment. Nova Scotia conferences are welcome at Keltic Lodge with 13,000 sq ft of meeting space spread throughout the resort utilizing the restaurants and bars for private functions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Keltic Lodge Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keltic Lodge Resort And Spa
- Keltic Hotel Ingonish
- Keltic Resort Ingonish
- Keltic Lodge Nova Scotia
- Keltic Lodge Resort & Spa Ingonish, Nova Scotia - Cape Breton Island